Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With the 25th pick in the 2020 draft....
DT would be my preference. Generating interior pressure makes things easier for the rest of the D. I could also see an OT or another CB in the mix. I hate how little longterm we are getting for how much we invested in CB. It will be interesting to see what they do with cuts and FA, the D could look very different next year. I’d really like to keep Harris and we need to keep at least one of Waynes and Alexander.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
A useful tweet from everyone's favorite...another sign of the apocalypse

The #Vikings will pick No. 25 in the draft for the seventh time. They took guard John Ward in 1970, tackle Steve Riley in 1974, DE Mark Mullaney in 1975, DT James White in 1976, DT Chris Hovan in 2000 and CB Xavier Rhodes in 2013
Tomasson...  aka Wet Blanket...  aka Eeyore...  aka Sad Clown dressed up as a human

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
For what its worth, because you know trader Rick will move off some of these picks:

(Vikings picks)

1. (25)
2. (57)
3. (89)
(No 5th round pick.  Traded to Baltimore for punter who was cut in preseason)
7.(from MIA for Danny Isidora)

Ugh. How could I have forgotten about the Kaare Vedvik era? Confused

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:
For what its worth, because you know trader Rick will move off some of these picks:

(Vikings picks)

1. (25)
2. (57)
3. (89)
(No 5th round pick.  Traded to Baltimore for punter who was cut in preseason)
7.(from MIA for Danny Isidora)

Ugh. How could I have forgotten about the Kaare Vedvik era? Confused
Did you blink?

what do we get in return for Diggs?  I have a feeling he is gone.   Would the skins give up Trent Willams and a 5th?

I think you are correct, but I am hoping for more in return

The best lineman on offense or defense still on the board. 

Preferably, offense..... 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
what do we get in return for Diggs?  I have a feeling he is gone.   Would the skins give up Trent Willams and a 5th?
Why do you have that feeling? Just curious. Their contracts aren't too far apart, but their ages are, 31 to 26, so you'd probably get quite a bit more than a 5th. 

All I hope for is a QB. Not a freaking late round pick to round off the draft. Someone with a real intent of making him the QB of the future.
While we are at it, we need an innovative OC. Out with the dinousaur mindset, schemes and play calls.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Why do you have that feeling? Just curious. Their contracts aren't too far apart, but their ages are, 31 to 26, so you'd probably get quite a bit more than a 5th. 
i dont think he is as happy as he is trying to portray,  and  he is one of our most sale-able assets.  i think the front office needs to take a big swing for the last year of cousins deal and landing an all pro LT is a big swing.   i say a 5th since both players have about 4 years realistically left in their careers,  maybe a couple more for Diggs if he is able to stay healthy,  but until this year that was difficult for him.