Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kinda Quiet After A 29 Point Road Win
On passes traveling more than 16 yards Minnesota has allowed a 5rh worst QBR of 96.6, Rhodes has allowed over 82% of passes in his direction to be completed.

If/when Minnesota gets eliminated in the Playoffs it will be due to bombs and giving up 3rd and long conversions.

So that part hasn't improved despite the recent better play by the Defense. Also, SD had a backup LT in for a lot of the game.

Stefanski's playcalling in the Redzone was brutal. The O-Line wasn't opening holes for Dalvin while the game was still in the balance.

So it was not the prettiest of blowout wins.

But 7 FREAKING TOs! Blitzes actually getting home! Pass Rush woke up! Run D was stoute! Hughes keeps taking Baby Yoda steps! There was a hell of a lot to like in this game.

This Defense isn't going to get many 3 & Outs in the Playoffs. But if they can produce TOs and sacks Minnesota becomes very,  very dangerous. 

Only time I've watched a 29-point win and thought, "We look like crap".  If the Chargers had just remembered to bring the ball along with them it would have been a nail-biter.

I don't think anyone could say with a straight face Minnesota is the top team in the NFC. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I don't think anyone could say with a straight face Minnesota is the top team in the NFC. 
Are we fans harder on this team than the rest of the football world?  You listen to the talking heads and they are praising the Vikes,  of course my first thought is...they don't watch the games,  they watch the highlights and look at the final score so the warts arent as evident. 

But is that how we get our opinions of other NFC teams as well?   A few highlights and their record,  maybe throw in 1 or 2 games we catch them on in primetime?

I'm with you,  I think we are most likely one and done in the playoffs,  2nd round tops,  home field advantage would have been so key for this team...although I would love to see us go into nawlins and crush the souls of that team,  and their coach with a last minute win once again.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
Are we fans harder on this team than the rest of the football world?  You listen to the talking heads and they are praising the Vikes,  of course my first thought is...they don't watch the games,  they watch the highlights and look at the final score so the warts arent as evident. 

But is that how we get our opinions of other NFC teams as well?   A few highlights and their record,  maybe throw in 1 or 2 games we catch them on in primetime?

I'm with you,  I think we are most likely one and done in the playoffs,  2nd round tops,  home field advantage would have been so key for this team...although I would love to see us go into nawlins and crush the souls of that team,  and their coach with a last minute win once again.
Its a very fair question, Jimmy. I would say without a doubt we are extremely hard on our own team. There could be some bias there. But having said that I just don't see the Vikings doing the clutch things with the bright lights of the playoffs that teams need to do. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I've been preaching it's Seattle since the night we played em...

The wild-card road in the playoffs is a killer. I'm kinda prepared to just accept our fate, enjoy a win if we get one and root for anyone to beat GB.

Way too many insufferable Packer fans in the midwest... 

If you cant enjoy a 39-10 win on the road, its time to get the meds adjusted. This game and the home game against the broncos are games we would normally lose and lose badly.