Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who's the whipping boy now?
I'm getting bored with NFL - this outcome was so predictable. Gotta give Vegas credit with the line as close as it was, I thought they were way off.

Team showed resiliency and the HC deserves credit for that, players too. 

Defense has been a problem for a while - lots of $$ over there and big knockers getting older. 3T would help with much, but not all. Time to re-boot that in a hurry - while KC, Diggs, AT and Cook are here and in their primes. 

From the Strib:
The better question might be whether the defense as a whole will show up when the Vikings need it. This group imploded during a must-win finale against the Bears last year, and this season gave up 26 points to a no-name backup quarterback in Kansas City; got shredded in a first half against a Broncos backup; and on Monday night gave up 37 points after preparing for two weeks.

Quote: @Norse said:
6h
Russell Wilson on why Seattle had so much success running the ball: “They kept playing 2 high shell, just super deep. They didn’t want any shots thrown on them. So we said, OK, and we’ll just run it and do what we do really well.”
176 yards and had 40:00 minutes of procession in the game.
And yet somehow not only did they run all over us, but they still beat us long.  Our DL and secondary are not only awful, but I didn’t see a 100% effort from either group.  Guys on the dline were giving up on their rush consistently and just standing there as Wilson picked the secondary apart.  

Quote: @StickyBun said:
The effort was good. The team has balls, they came back. But ultimately we seem to settle for less as fans. I mean this is supposed to be a Superbowl caliber team. Last year was a shit show. This year, 8-4, which is fine but still have the kind of tough losses the team seems to produce. 

Anyway, moving on: they've got their destiny in their hands. If they piss it away, its on them completely. 

For a wildcard seed maybe. Not for the Division title anymore. They need GB to lose...

I think this was the week to catch them for that division win and before the rematch @ USB at Xmas.

Now that game may not have any meaning for the division while we're fighting to a chance to go on the road week1 of the post-season. 

Quote: @greediron said:
@ArizonaViking said:
@Norse said:
6h
Russell Wilson on why Seattle had so much success running the ball: “They kept playing 2 high shell, just super deep. They didn’t want any shots thrown on them. So we said, OK, and we’ll just run it and do what we do really well.”
176 yards and had 40:00 minutes of procession in the game.

That right there is piss-pour game planning by the coaches.  All season long stop the run, stop the run.  Then they do this.
Funny how yesterday everyone was agreeing that we couldn't let Wilson beat us deep.
And with that game plan we were up by 17 to 10 in the first half. Tell two turnovers by the offense put us in a hole

They were in the game at the end with a chance to win it. That's better than I expected.
The defense has been together for awhile and is aging before our eyes.
My guess is Rhodes will carry the whipping boy crown for another week. His penalty led to 7 points, but Smith may have been responsible for the long touchdown pass, although I don't see how Rhodes can't see him, up at the line, in front of him.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
They were in the game at the end with a chance to win it. That's better than I expected.
My guess is Rhodes will carry the whipping boy crown for another week. His penalty led to 7 points, but Smith may have been responsible for the long touchdown pass, although I don't see how Rhodes can't see him, up at the line, in front of him.
Smith hasn’t played well for a while.

Quote: @kmillard said:
@jargomcfargo said:
I could be wrong,  but I think Smith was supposed to be at the line,  IIRC he came off the line in coverage of a TE or RB that leaked out to that side and didnt see anybody else over there like it was their man.  If Rhodes was supposed to have help over top I dont think it was to come from HS.. maybe that is why Rhodes let his man go,  but for fuck sake,  there has to be some pre snap recognition by Rhodes there to see that his help was at the LOS.

The defense is not good enough to stop the run and the pass anymore.  They have to pick their poison and hope for the best.  Once again Zimmer was completely out-coached.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@kmillard said:
@jargomcfargo said:
I could be wrong,  but I think Smith was supposed to be at the line,  IIRC he came off the line in coverage of a TE or RB that leaked out to that side and didnt see anybody else over there like it was their man.  If Rhodes was supposed to have help over top I dont think it was to come from HS.. maybe that is why Rhodes let his man go,  but for fuck sake,  there has to be some pre snap recognition by Rhodes there to see that his help was at the LOS.
Well it was pretty obvious Rhodes thought he had some help over the top.  Not sure who was at fault, maybe since we were 2 deep the whole game, when Smith came up, it wasn't communicated. 

It almost looked like Rhodes was expecting to cover the RB in the flat but once HS didn't bail like he often does, Rhodes was in no mans land.

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@kmillard said:
@jargomcfargo said:
Well it was pretty obvious Rhodes thought he had some help over the top.  Not sure who was at fault, maybe since we were 2 deep the whole game, when Smith came up, it wasn't communicated. 

It almost looked like Rhodes was expecting to cover the RB in the flat but once HS didn't bail like he often does, Rhodes was in no mans land.
i agree that is what he thought.   I think if that had been on HS we would have seen some sort of contrition from Harry to Rhodes after the play, but nothing.