Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senate and Congress Invaded. WHERE IS THE PRESIDENT?

Quote: @mblack said:
@Vikergirl said:
You can disagree with political leaders and the system of government. That's one thing. When you put people's lives at risk, when the National Guard is sleeping in the Capitol and  this is based on lies and propaganda (there was no stolen election), this is a whole other level. There is no excuse, justification or rationalization for it period. This is completely and utterly unacceptable. Round up all the traitors and put them through the legal process. 
At the bold: Just wait. Someone will come and tell you it's a hoax and the Dems are exploiting the situation by bringing in "unwanted" security.
Not making an excuse. just pointing out something I didnt realize that was just said on the news (nbc). For the obama swearing in there was 10k national guard called in. (20k for Biden). Id be curious what its been for other presidents. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/cliffordlevy/status/...85888?s=19
What the hell is up with these boys and their goddam weapons? Personally, I've never needed more than 60 military-style combat knives.  

Quote: @StickyBun said:
This is ugly if true:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mikie-sherril...06364.html
We'll see...

This whole thing could blossom into a big spotlight on Fascists where you might least expect it: Elected Govt Officials, Armed Forces and Police. Ok, maybe the latter 2 isnt shocking - but I still appreciate the good apples who protect and serve. 

The American Political scene has been (for the last 5 years) the perfect ecosystem for fostering right wing extremism. Kinda like the Pythons in the Everglades. That bad s hit is coming home to roost now. 

Maybe I'm just being naive believing it wasn't ever there. Then again we have some members who are pretty open about their Q involvement/tolerance.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
We'll see...

This whole thing could blossom into a big spotlight on Fascists where you might lease expect it: Elected Govt Officials, Armed Forces and Police. Ok, maybe the latter 2 isnt shocking - but I still appreciate the good apples who protect and serve. 

The American Political scene has been (for the last 5 years) the perfect ecosystem for fostering right wing extremism. Kinda like the Pythons in the Everglades. That bad s hit is coming home to roost now. 

Maybe I'm just being naive believing it wasn't ever there. Then again we have some members who are pretty open about their Q involvement/tolerance.
It's, disclosing, far from over add religious institutions and there is one social f**ktangle.  We can't agree on a biological threat and take simple actions, what is the solution for such a social threat.   Putin must be smiling, he loves what's going on now.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/11...ket-newtab

We'll see...

This whole thing could blossom into a big spotlight on Fascists where you might lease expect it: Elected Govt Officials, Armed Forces and Police. Ok, maybe the latter 2 isnt shocking - but I still appreciate the good apples who protect and serve. 

There are radical, violent, thugs on either extreme side of the political spectrum.  Personally I think this goes back further then 5 years.  Trump wasn't the cause, he is a symptom of the hate that exists between political factions.  Both sides can turn on the TV, boot up a computer or glance at their phone and be barraged by opinion news/articles/blogs/radio shows etc about how the other side is evil and if we don't do everything to stop them the world is going to end. 

I'm not sure when the world started going down the shit pipe?  Was it in the 1800s?  1900s?  post WW2?  Post 9/11?  Who knows.  All I know is we're all keyboard warriors on the interweb but you know what I bet most of the guys/gals on here would gladly have a drink with any of the Viking fans on here. 

I've been having this conversation with some college friends lately.  We're by no means a politically homogeneous group.  How do we get a nation that has 1/2 the people hating the other 1/2 the people and vice versa to realize we're all just here for a short amount of time and for 99.99% of us there's not a damn thing we can do politically to change any of the outcomes. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
What the hell is up with these boys and their goddam weapons? Personally, I've never needed more than 60 military-style combat knives.  

For most its a "Tinnie winnie syndrome" thing.

We'll see...

It most definitely was there and it is being brought out into the light. They have been exposed. It's about damn time that this is being taken seriously and consequences are being doled out. No more hiding. This is domestic terrorism and needs to be acknowledged as such. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@purplefaithful said:
We'll see...

There are radical, violent, thugs on either extreme side of the political spectrum.  Personally I think this goes back further then 5 years.  Trump wasn't the cause, he is a symptom of the hate that exists between political factions.  Both sides can turn on the TV, boot up a computer or glance at their phone and be barraged by opinion news/articles/blogs/radio shows etc about how the other side is evil and if we don't do everything to stop them the world is going to end. 

I'm not sure when the world started going down the shit pipe?  Was it in the 1800s?  1900s?  post WW2?  Post 9/11?  Who knows.  All I know is we're all keyboard warriors on the interweb but you know what I bet most of the guys/gals on here would gladly have a drink with any of the Viking fans on here. 

I've been having this conversation with some college friends lately.  We're by no means a politically homogeneous group.  How do we get a nation that has 1/2 the people hating the other 1/2 the people and vice versa to realize we're all just here for a short amount of time and for 99.99% of us there's not a damn thing we can do politically to change any of the outcomes. 
Oh I absolutely believe Trump is an accelerant and causal variable in this, not a symptom. That's giving him way too much of a pass and doesn't burden him to uphold his sworn in duties as leader of the free world. It's turning a blind eye to Charleston and so many other transgressions the last 4 years. 

History is not going to be kind to Trump and I would never set the bar that low for our expectation of POTUS. 

This is going to quickly erode to a discussion of BLM, Antifa etc. vs what we just saw with Sedition in the Capital.

I would argue the red-hot, biggest danger to the Republic is what we just saw in DC. And probably whats to come between now and 1/20. This ain't over. 

Where you and I agree is that terrorism on either side of the political spectrum is intolerable and these people should be jailed. 

Quote: @mblack said:
Think about this:

1. There are more troops now outside the capitol than in Iraq or Afghanistan.

2. This is the first time troops have slept outside the Capitol to guard it.

https://twitter.com/haleytalbotnbc/statu...0723354636

https://twitter.com/DaniellaMicaela/stat...9868578816

Let that sink in
Are we great yet?