Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings path to a bye
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
If we go into seatle and win then Ill be getting out my purple shades because we’d be for real. 
Meh...I'd be careful with that. It's all about match ups and timing. How does New Orleans get destroyed at home by the Falcons who got destroyed by the Bucs yesterday? How does Green Bay get blown out by the Chargers, who lost the Raiders, who got blown out by the Jets yesterday?

Hate to say it, but even if we blow out Seattle it doesn't mean we won't lay another egg at home against the Lions or Bears. LIkewise, if we get blown out by the Seahawks, it doesn't mean we suck, though many will say so. 
[Image: 5c8d467d2cb40222d647a507627e4153.jpeg]

@AGRforever said:
If we go into seatle and win then Ill be getting out my purple shades because we’d be for real. 
Meh...I'd be careful with that. It's all about match ups and timing. How does New Orleans get destroyed at home by the Falcons who got destroyed by the Bucs yesterday? How does Green Bay get blown out by the Chargers, who lost the Raiders, who got blown out by the Jets yesterday?

Hate to say it, but even if we blow out Seattle it doesn't mean we won't lay another egg at home against the Lions or Bears. LIkewise, if we get blown out by the Seahawks, it doesn't mean we suck, though many will say so. 
With the Vikings, nobody will be counting those games as automatic.  But if we can win on the road on monday night coming out of a bye, we will have overcome many demons.  Beating our rivals at home won't be a sure thing, but more likely that winning on the road at night. 

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:

With the Vikings, nobody will be counting those games as automatic.  But if we can win on the road on monday night coming out of a bye, we will have overcome many demons.  Beating our rivals at home won't be a sure thing, but more likely that winning on the road at night. 
Sure, more likely, but again, I'm a big believer in match ups and I fear that no matter how well we're playing or how poorly the Bears are playing, they just seem to have our number. And, once again, we close out against the Bears, at home, in a game that will likely have some sort of playoff implication. 

@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:

Sure, more likely, but again, I'm a big believer in match ups and I fear that no matter how well we're playing or how poorly the Bears are playing, they just seem to have our number. And, once again, we close out against the Bears, at home, in a game that will likely have some sort of playoff implication. 
for us,  but the way things are looking the bears may not be playing for anything but spoiler by then.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
I'd be feeling better about things if they win Monday night but still not breathing too easy...these are my beloved Vikes afterall.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:

for us,  but the way things are looking the bears may not be playing for anything but spoiler by then.
I wish that mattered as much as it should. What's more, it's about when you play them. Sure, they're playing crap football right now. But will they in week 17? With an opportunity to maybe take the division away from us? That's still a pretty good team. 

Don't mean to sound pessimistic, and I don't really have a point other than maybe we fear the Seattles a little too much and fear the Chicagos and Detroits a little too little. 

You can be sure we'll have a clunker in there somewhere. Everyone says we have to win out to win the division. Not so sure about that. It assumes Green Bay gets through the Redskins, the Bears and Lions unscathed. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Packers drop two of those. It's that kind of year. Hell, every year is that kind of year. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:

I wish that mattered as much as it should. What's more, it's about when you play them. Sure, they're playing crap football right now. But will they in week 17? With an opportunity to maybe take the division away from us? That's still a pretty good team. 

Don't mean to sound pessimistic, and I don't really have a point other than maybe we fear the Seattles a little too much and fear the Chicagos and Detroits a little too little. 

You can be sure we'll have a clunker in there somewhere. Everyone says we have to win out to win the division. Not so sure about that. It assumes Green Bay gets through the Redskins, the Bears and Lions unscathed. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Packers drop two of those. It's that kind of year. Hell, every year is that kind of year. 
I have tickets for that bears game,  with my new son in law that is a bears fan... I sure as hell wont be talking shit unless it comes out that their starting defense is taking the game off.  I dont  take anybody lightly,   but all historical elements say this coming game against the squawks will be more of a challenge than a bears team that will likely be mathematically eliminated by the time we face them.

@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:

I have tickets for that bears game,  with my new son in law that is a bears fan... I sure as hell wont be talking shit unless it comes out that their starting defense is taking the game off.  I dont  take anybody lightly,   but all historical elements say this coming game against the squawks will be more of a challenge than a bears team that will likely be mathematically eliminated by the time we face them.
Well, for your sake and your daughter's, I hope the Vikings crush them. :-)

But don't forget week 17 last year. Vikings at home. Vikings win and they're in the playoffs, lose and they're out. For the Bears it was meaningless. Bears destroyed us. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:

But don't forget week 17 last year. Vikings at home. Vikings win and they're in the playoffs, lose and they're out. For the Bears it was meaningless. Bears destroyed us. 
oh I know,  but this years bears team isnt that team and didnt they have playoff seeding implications?   they were in but IIRC their matchup wasnt decided yet?

@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:

oh I know,  but this years bears team isnt that team and didnt they have playoff seeding implications?   they were in but IIRC their matchup wasnt decided yet?
IIRC by the time we played, they had nothing to gain ore lose.