Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you had to choose....
Trubisky: because he's younger (and cheaper... and is still on his rookie contract).  There might still be hope of salvaging SOMETHING from him (even just as a backup).  Goff seems pretty limited by his lack of intelligence; and he is WAY overpaid.  It's going to be alot harder to get rid of him.

I still think Goff has a higher ceiling than Trubisky...

Cap ramifications are a whole other element.

I think once the Rams ol returns to form, Goff will be productive...Trubisky looks to be a career journeyman...

Spurgeon Wynn...?  Wink B)  

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I think once the Rams ol returns to form, Goff will be productive...Trubisky looks to be a career journeyman...
This. Goff isn't as good as his draft slot but he can still be an average starting QB for 10 years in the league. Trubisky has fundamental accuracy problems that will never improve. 

Yep. Goff is a system QB. Needs a good Line and rushing attack so he can use Play Action. There is no system for Trubisky. He makes Lamar Jackson look like Brees.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Yep. Goff is a system QB. Needs a good Line and rushing attack so he can use Play Action. There is no system for Trubisky. He makes Lamar Jackson look like Brees.
Hmm, sounds vaguely familiar!  Wink

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
This. Goff isn't as good as his draft slot but he can still be an average starting QB for 10 years in the league. Trubisky has fundamental accuracy problems that will never improve. 
I don't know Tribisky's game well enough to know his issues with accuracy.

I can say, I don't think he likes contact. 

Quote: @Kentis said:
@FSUVike said:
Hmm, sounds vaguely familiar!  Wink

Sort of. Kirk reads the whole field. He's also an anticipation thrower. Goff is a 1 read and chuck it guy and that lone read better be open or he won't pull the trigger. 

I'd choose Goff because he's much better than Trubisky.