Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waste of a first half
Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
I was just going to watch the game and someone blurted the score...Dayum

So Diggs, Thielen, Johnson: combined 2 catches for 8 yards?

Am I reading that right?

WTF?
The old Cousins returned. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Thats what I figured seeing his box-score of 3 td's and 0 int's... Wink
Kirk missed plenty of throws, but this wasn't his worst game by a long shot.  I wasn't just him though.  The entire team just looked a bit off on both sides of the ball.
They aren't good enough to win and not be at their best, especially on the road.
His worst game was the Bears game.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Am I reading that right?

WTF?

He has always put up good numbers. Champions get the ball in the fourth quarter, drive down and win the game. Cousins goes 3 and out. Point is, he didn't lose this game, but had ample opportunity to win it and with his 50% completion stat. he failed. That's KC. 
The game was lost from poor line O-play, Lack of D-line pressure until late in the game, poor scheme and/or Coaching on offense and defense.
The defense let some guy I never heard of run about 125 yds in 12 plays, including a 91 yd. td. And all their great zone coverage wasn't so great.
So no, KC is not the reason they lost. But he could have won it and that's a disappointment.

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Am I reading that right?

WTF?

He has always put up good numbers. Champions get the ball in the fourth quarter, drive down and win the game. Cousins goes 3 and out. Point is, he didn't lose this game, but had ample opportunity to win it and with his 50% completion stat. he failed. That's KC. 
The game was lost from poor line O-play, Lack of D-line pressure until late in the game, poor scheme and/or Coaching on offense and defense.
The defense let some guy I never heard of run about 125 yds in 12 plays, including a 91 yd. td. And all their great zone coverage wasn't so great.
So no, KC is not the reason they lost. But he could have won it and that's a disappointment.

This really sums it up. You can't tell me the staff isn't disappointed in that considering that massive contract. Go ahead, stink it up for a bit, every QB can and does do that occasionally, but then sack up and make some plays in the clutch. The game was there for the taking several times.