Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Gordon to Seattle
Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
Am I the only one who thinks Josh Gordon is overrated?  I mean he had that one great season in Cleveland, but that was back in 2013.

His best season since then was last year...  he had 700 yds and 3 TDs with the GOAT throwing to him...

Then you add in his multiple substance abuse issues... I don't know.  I'd rather give a guy like Bisi Johnson or Chad Beebe (guys who work their butts off) a chance to contribute as our WR3.  Not some guy who has been suspended by the league multiple times because he can't quit drinking and doing drugs.
Depends on what you think of him. If you think he's the kind of receiver who will come in, keep his nose clean, and repeat 2013 and immediately be a #1, then you are overrating him. 

But if you think of him as someone who will add a valuable dimension to an already good offense led by Russel Wilson, then you're not. 

I did not want the Vikings to add him. But nor did I want the Saints, Packers, 49ers or Seahawks to get any better than they already were. 

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
Am I the only one who thinks Josh Gordon is overrated?  I mean he had that one great season in Cleveland, but that was back in 2013.

His best season since then was last year...  he had 700 yds and 3 TDs with the GOAT throwing to him...

Then you add in his multiple substance abuse issues... I don't know.  I'd rather give a guy like Bisi Johnson or Chad Beebe (guys who work their butts off) a chance to contribute as our WR3.  Not some guy who has been suspended by the league multiple times because he can't quit drinking and doing drugs.
If his substance issues are that severe too (not the legal ramifications or his inability to stop using), he might've taken years off his playing days too. Stating the obvious, that shit isn't good for you. It's not like when you quit that it doesn't have permanent effects on your body - brain included.

He will be living in the land of legal weed. He will be surrounded by great variety, quality, and ease of access. When he is subject to drug testing and knows he can't pass, he will take several weeks off for personal or mental health issues. Seattle may get some good play out of him, but he won't likely be dependable or available long term.
He's lost millions because of his lack of discipline. It's too bad, but it was his decision.

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
He will be living in the land of legal weed. He will be surrounded by great variety, quality, and ease of access. When he is subject to drug testing and knows he can't pass, he will take several weeks off for personal or mental health issues. Seattle may get some good play out of him, but he won't likely be dependable or available long term.
He's lost millions because of his lack of discipline. It's too bad, but it was his decision.
You think he has a problem getting good weed in states where weed is illegal?