Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember when we used to talk about the deficit?
Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
@"pumpf" said:
If a person believes in things like a $15 minimum wage, they ARE low information,since it's failed everywhere it's been tried. Yet they still believe in it.  Why? Because they are ignorant about how economics work.
Says the base who still votes in favor of Republican trickle down economics ... despite almost 40 years of proven failure.  Cut taxes for the rich and corporations, surely it will work this time!

Last time the budget was balanced was under Clinton, just FYI.

And really Pumpf, for all your whining about others who post bait articles and bait posts, you do the EXACT same shit with your own snide comments totally unprovoked. 

But carry on, your snarky comments are totally WWJD, so channel more of that love thy neighbor inner Jesus in your replies ... it just reinforces my and other's impression of you that you're nothing more than a hypocritical, smarmy douchebag masquerading as a holier than thou Christian, but really you're just an uneducated asshole with a superiority complex. 

Gotta love the hypocrisy in that paragraph. Thanks for proving that once again. Well done.
Now knock off the name calling.

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
@"pumpf" said:
If a person believes in things like a $15 minimum wage, they ARE low information,since it's failed everywhere it's been tried. Yet they still believe in it.  Why? Because they are ignorant about how economics work.
Says the base who still votes in favor of Republican trickle down economics ... despite almost 40 years of proven failure.  Cut taxes for the rich and corporations, surely it will work this time!

Last time the budget was balanced was under Clinton, just FYI.

And really Pumpf, for all your whining about others who post bait articles and bait posts, you do the EXACT same shit with your own snide comments totally unprovoked. 

But carry on, your snarky comments are totally WWJD, so channel more of that love thy neighbor inner Jesus in your replies ... it just reinforces my and other's impression of you that you're nothing more than a hypocritical, smarmy douchebag masquerading as a holier than thou Christian, but really you're just an uneducated asshole with a superiority complex. 

Just because YOU say that trickle-down economics doesn't work... doesn't mean that it doesn't.  The economy GOT BETTER under Reagan... and it's gotten better under Trump.  It was pretty good under Clinton, but he was conservative when it came to the economy... and he benefited (greatly) from the silicon valley boom.  During the Carter years... and then the Obama years... the economy sucked.  If conservative policies have been "proven" to be failures... please provide that proof.  What I see... are municipalities- all over the country- turning to conservative principles to boost their economies.  Then I see the liberal places go back to their old ways... and get right back into the mess they were in before.

Did you happen to notice what NY (that bastion of conservatism) tried to do for Amazon?  In fact, they had a whole ad campaign a few years back... PROMISING all kinds of tax breaks for businesses, so that they would relocate to NY.  Now why do you suppose they did those "conservative" things?  I wonder if it's because those incentives WORK... and because those businesses, in turn, are good for the local economy??? Nah, that couldn't be.  AOC already "proved" that NYC saved $3 Billion by driving Amazon away (rather than give them "tax cuts").  What a smart economist she is!

Whining?  I do alot of whining?  I guess I have been troubled by the fact that some folks use this board as their personal toilet: dumping all their frustrations on the rest of us.  If you want to call that whining, go ahead I guess.  (Although I think you'd be hard pressed to find more than a couple of posts to prove your point... but whatever)  But I don't recall starting posts, just for the sake of attacking others, or trying to get them riled up.  I did it in retaliation for some bait posts that others were making... but I got completely bored with it.  I don't know how they have the strength to keep it up.  I guess Mike (et al) is made of tougher stuff than me.  Snide comments?  Me?  Than's unpossible (in my best Ralph Wiggum voice).

OH no... snarky comments on a website forum?   Excuse me while I clutch my pearls!!!  Just because I think you're a moron doesn't mean that I don't love you.  I love lots of morons.  I love myself (sometimes)... and (sometimes) I'm the biggest moron of all.  But you know what I will (occasionally) do?  I'll admit that I don't know everything.  It's kinda carthartic.  You guys might want to try it sometime.

By the way: Jesus went after the Pharisees and heretics pretty good in His day.  He was no push-over.  But He also happened to be perfect, which gave Him the right to toss tables and crack the whip.  Me?  I'm a sinner... just like everyone else.  I've never claimed to be anything else.  And although my snarky language may offend your delicate sensibilities, it doesn't change the fact that your'e wrong about the economy... and, pretty much, everything else.  If it makes you feel any better, at least you can take some small measure of comfort in knowing that you got me pegged. I'm a miserable, rotten sinner.  Thank God that He forgives me... or I'd be in real trouble.