Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy Bridgewater
not to piss on anybodies parade,  but are the ted heads asking the team invest over 45 million in the QB position for next year?  KC has a no trade clause IIRC so he would have to be on board with whatever it would be to get him moved out of here and if we dont think he is worth 30 million next year... why would somebody take him and that contract off our hands?

Another point that hasn't been mentioned?  Does Teddy want to come back to Minnesota?  He might decide to stay wear he's at or pick another team with a way better offer.  The choice to come back here isn't automatic.

easy fellas, it is just a dream.  No one said it had any basis in reality.  Just dreaming.

Guys - Teddy is not coming back to Minnesota, nor is the 2nd coming of Drew Brees.  He still can't throw the deep ball.  He is a game manager and maybe a bit more.  He has lots and lots of check-down throws.  

If asked to win a game, he is not your guy.  He just won't lose them for you.   Miles better than Ponder was, but Case beat him out in 2017, and the is why Teddy was the 3rd QB when deemed healthy to come back, not second string.

Zimmer loved Teddy, but the injury report recovery was too vague to take the chance when they let him go.  They could have fought his NFL tenure to not count his year of service when he was injured, thus making 2018 his 4th year with the team, not 5th.  But, they thought too much of him as a person.

Also know, we saw it materialize in the locker room - Teddy sulked when he was not re-inserted as the starter.  Case supported Teddy, but Teddy would duck out of the locker room before anyone else had even gone to the showers.  His feelings were seriously hurt, and his attitude soured.

Sad how it came to an end as Teddy was just starting to peak, but not sure he was ever going to be a top 15 QB.  Cousins may not either, Case has shown not to be, and Sam Bradford is out of the league.

As for me, if Case would come back as the #2, I'd be thrilled.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
easy fellas, it is just a dream.  No one said it had any basis in reality.  Just dreaming.
its not a far fetched dream though,  I am just curious how it could possibly work?   

or why not the saints decide to stay with Teddy even after Brees comes back and instead of retiring DB decides to enter free agency and finally all those that have been wistfully yearning for him since he left san diego get their dream scenario...  like favre before him drew brees joins a hated franchise by his former teams fans and once again the veteran gets the last laugh as the Vikings led by drew brees beat the saints in the nfccg on the way to brees finally getting the last laugh as his Vikings not only defeat the patriots in the superbowl,   but the Vikings defense beats brady so badly that he opts to retire instead of rehabbing the busted ass and broken ribs,  leaving Brees as the nfls all time leading passer.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
its not a far fetched dream though,  I am just curious how it could possibly work?   

or why not the saints decide to stay with Teddy even after Brees comes back and instead of retiring DB decides to enter free agency and finally all those that have been wistfully yearning for him since he left san diego get their dream scenario...  like favre before him drew brees joins a hated franchise by his former teams fans and once again the veteran gets the last laugh as the Vikings led by drew brees beat the saints in the nfccg on the way to brees finally getting the last laugh as his Vikings not only defeat the patriots in the superbowl,   but the Vikings defense beats brady so badly that he opts to retire instead of rehabbing the busted ass and broken ribs,  leaving Brees as the nfls all time leading passer.
I the Vikings do not win this year, it is more than Cousins at risk of their jobs in Minnesota.  Mike Zimmer would be the only one who could make that call to bring Teddy back, and if the Vikings go 8-8, not sure Mike is here in 2020 to make the call.

Teddy did not leave the team with good feelings (never said anything of a goodbye to fans and bolted as quick as he could), and it seems hard to believe he would come back.  He had a chance to go to Miami and start and did not take it.  Teddy has done a much better job starting in New Orleans than I expected, but he is mainly just throwing safe passes and managing the game.  He really is not a top 15 QB. 

Quote: @"Tom Moore" said:
Guys - Teddy is not coming back to Minnesota, nor is the 2nd coming of Drew Brees.  He still can't throw the deep ball.  He is a game manager and maybe a bit more.  He has lots and lots of check-down throws.  

If asked to win a game, he is not your guy.  He just won't lose them for you.   Miles better than Ponder was, but Case beat him out in 2017, and the is why Teddy was the 3rd QB when deemed healthy to come back, not second string.

Zimmer loved Teddy, but the injury report recovery was too vague to take the chance when they let him go.  They could have fought his NFL tenure to not count his year of service when he was injured, thus making 2018 his 4th year with the team, not 5th.  But, they thought too much of him as a person.

Also know, we saw it materialize in the locker room - Teddy sulked when he was not re-inserted as the starter.  Case supported Teddy, but Teddy would duck out of the locker room before anyone else had even gone to the showers.  His feelings were seriously hurt, and his attitude soured.

Sad how it came to an end as Teddy was just starting to peak, but not sure he was ever going to be a top 15 QB.  Cousins may not either, Case has shown not to be, and Sam Bradford is out of the league.

As for me, if Case would come back as the #2, I'd be thrilled.
As long as he brought the horseshoe. 

I kinda had to chuckle at the notion that Case beat him out in 2017.  IIRC, he came back off PUP late in the season and was second string because Bradford was on temp IR. 

Of course Teddy isn't coming back.  I was joking around with pf, and that's all.

I've heard lots of talk about Teddy not being good, or doesn't have the stats (other than wins) to be considered a good QB.  Meanwhile, we're stuck with a QB that can rack up stats, but can't lead the team to win big games.
How has that Teddy led NO team been doing since Brees has been gone?  Yeah, better than us with Cousins.   I like Teddy's confidence and leadership way better than our guy.  I really miss that.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
Of course Teddy isn't coming back.  I was joking around with pf, and that's all.

I've heard lots of talk about Teddy not being good, or doesn't have the stats (other than wins) to be considered a good QB.  Meanwhile, we're stuck with a QB that can rack up stats, but can't lead the team to win big games.
How has that Teddy led NO team been doing since Brees has been gone?  Yeah, better than us with Cousins.   I like Teddy's confidence and leadership way better than our guy.  I really miss that.

Agreed.  Best thing about Teddy was that he won.  So many tried to show how it really wasn't him, he wasn't that good, but bottom line, Teddy keeps winning.  So he much be doing exactly what the coaches want.

Quote: @"Tom Moore" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:

I the Vikings do not win this year, it is more than Cousins at risk of their jobs in Minnesota.  Mike Zimmer would be the only one who could make that call to bring Teddy back, and if the Vikings go 8-8, not sure Mike is here in 2020 to make the call.

Teddy did not leave the team with good feelings (never said anything of a goodbye to fans and bolted as quick as he could), and it seems hard to believe he would come back.  He had a chance to go to Miami and start and did not take it.  Teddy has done a much better job starting in New Orleans than I expected, but he is mainly just throwing safe passes and managing the game.  He really is not a top 15 QB. 
i agree on pretty much all of this,  except the Case beating Teddy out,  I doubt that there was any competition that late into the season with Case doing good enough to put the team into the playoffs.... Teddy was about as green as could be after missing nearly 2 complete seasons.  anything he showed that december in practice could have hardly been a competition with Case doing what he had done.

as far as case being a #2,  I like the kid,  but I dont want our #2 QB eating reps that should be going to whoever we draft early this year.  i dont want any more time wasted on QBs that dont have potential future with this team if there is a developmental guy in the wings.   and I dont want them to draft a developmental #3 type guy,  when we dont have a potential replacement ready for KC in 2021.   a first or second round QB this year, with a full season of #2 reps should be ready by the end of next year to start taking a starters role,  or we took the wrong guy.