Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So WM Drops the e-ciggs, but keeps selling the regular stuff...
who was it that mocked me for questioning the safety of vaping a few years ago when they were first gaining in popularity?

Ive been vaping the JUUL since January - have not had a cig since. It has helped me quit smoking. I started with the 5% nicotine, and in August I moved down to the 3%. I have zero breathing issues with the JUUL at all. In fact, I now breath much better since I started the JUUL. My wife says within a month she could see the color come back to my face and hands (improved circulation). Im incredibly happy to be off smokes, and plan to stop vaping over the next year. JUUL has been a life saver for me to get off the cancer sticks - which if you go to their website, thats really their main focus - to help smokers stop smoking. I never buy stuff at a store (I only buy directly from the JUUL website - and it was amazing at how much info I had to give them to prove i was over 21 years old, no joke) since I  believe the problem is with all the counterfeit shit out there - there is no one testing and regulating whats in that stuff (mainly from China). Infact, they package their counterfeit crap in boxes that look identical to JUUL's packaging. Say what you will about big tobacco buying up 30% of JUUL stock - Smart move if you ask me. But soon I will leave the world of nicotine all together thanks to JUUL. Just my 2 cents - no axe to grind here.

Quote: @"NorthernCalVike" said:
Ive been vaping the JUUL since January - have not had a cig since. It has helped me quit smoking. I started with the 5% nicotine, and in August I moved down to the 3%. I have zero breathing issues with the JUUL at all. In fact, I now breath much better since I started the JUUL. My wife says within a month she could see the color come back to my face and hands (improved circulation). Im incredibly happy to be off smokes, and plan to stop vaping over the next year. JUUL has been a life saver for me to get off the cancer sticks - which if you go to their website, thats really their main focus - to help smokers stop smoking. I never buy stuff at a store (I only buy directly from the JUUL website - and it was amazing at how much info I had to give them to prove i was over 21 years old, no joke) since I  believe the problem is with all the counterfeit shit out there - there is no one testing and regulating whats in that stuff (mainly from China). Infact, they package their counterfeit crap in boxes that look identical to JUUL's packaging. Say what you will about big tobacco buying up 30% of JUUL stock - Smart move if you ask me. But soon I will leave the world of nicotine all together thanks to JUUL. Just my 2 cents - no axe to grind here.
congrats on kicking the butt,  Ive been off for about 10 years now,  i cant say I am in much better shape health wise, but I dont smell like an ashtray and who knows how much worse I would have been had I keep on puffing away.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"NorthernCalVike" said:
congrats on kicking the butt,  Ive been off for about 10 years now,  i cant say I am in much better shape health wise, but I dont smell like an ashtray and who knows how much worse I would have been had I keep on puffing away.
Congrats as well Jimmy! My wifes biggest complaint was always the way I smelled - as you say - like an ashtray. She would not kiss me unless I brushed my teeth and just out of the shower and in clean clothes, LOL! As funny as that is, I never really knew how stinky I was until i quit and would later be hanging out with smokers. Good Lord, horrible! I find that i can't even be around actual smoke from a grit - I find it chokes me out if I breath it in, and to think that was me just over 9 months ago smoking heaters on work breaks and after EVERY damn meal.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"NorthernCalVike" said:
Congrats as well Jimmy! My wifes biggest complaint was always the way I smelled - as you say - like an ashtray. She would not kiss me unless I brushed my teeth and just out of the shower and in clean clothes, LOL! As funny as that is, I never really knew how stinky I was until i quit and would later be hanging out with smokers. Good Lord, horrible! I find that i can't even be around actual smoke from a grit - I find it chokes me out if I breath it in, and to think that was me just over 9 months ago smoking heaters on work breaks and after EVERY damn meal.
well stay strong,  while the urges diminish in frequency,  they never go away and at times will be as strong as the day I first quit.  I have found myself unconsciously reaching for my shirt pocket or into my pants to grab my zippo. ( now theres a smell i miss, i loved the smell of that lighter )

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
who was it that mocked me for questioning the safety of vaping a few years ago when they were first gaining in popularity?

I think I might have gotten a little salty at ya for equating PG/VG to AntiFreeze years back. can't imagine I mocked you over it though...

good to hear NCV - I still think back and contrast trying to quit smoking (having a wreckless habit to smoke another one) to it just ending once i started vaping.

Have you tried smoking a cigarette after giving your Juul a nice few good puffs or after using it for awhile? It's the most satisfying, habit destroying disgust you'll ever feel in your life. It was a small thing for me early on in vaping that really cemented "these cigs are disgusting" in my head. 

Well WM may not have to. Trump has changed his mind. Now you can vape as long as his changes of re-election are not jeopardized Smile