Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your MN Vikings 2019 USB Stadium Food Line-Up
Quote: @greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Wetlander said:
I can tell you right now...  I won't be getting food at Be Graceful's...
Ha!

You probably wouldn't like Cafe Gratitude either...It's one of our faves when visiting our kid in LA. The LA scene has Vegan places that are pretty damn good believe it or not.

https://www.cafegratitude.com/arts_district_menu

And get ready for the avalanche of vegan, plant based product about to hit your store shelves:

[Image: vegan-plant-based-news-happy-little-plan...68x601.jpg]

Saw the Whole Foods CEO saying some not so nice things about vegan meats.  He said something to the effect that most people won't eat healthy vegan food, they want it to taste like other foods so it is usually made with over processed crap.
Said people have to train their pallets if they want to eat healthy. 

And I say, give me home grown, grass fed beef and I am happy and healthy.
unfortunately many people cant access home grown grass fed, so they get garbage meat from horrible conditions with terrible health consequences.  this is 90% of the market place

I love the Heggies addition. A lot of the other stuff is too fancy pants for me. Bourbon Bacon Jam Dog? No thank you. Im with MB, give me some standard fare.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Wetlander said:
Ha!

You probably wouldn't like Cafe Gratitude either...It's one of our faves when visiting our kid in LA. The LA scene has Vegan places that are pretty damn good believe it or not.

And get ready for the avalanche of vegan, plant based product about to hit your store shelves:

I actually had an impossible burger at Mall of America and it was delicious. 
Good to hear... We just bought a two pack of em @ WholeFoods on sale, haven't grilled em yet. My wife is vegetarian (not vegan) and this will be a nice change of pace for her. 

I get a hankering for a good old cheeseburger now and then, but gotta watch the red-meat intake too.

Choices are good. Those Happy Little Plant items are actually being introduced by Hormel - the folks that bring you Black Label Bacon @ Spam! 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Vikergirl said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Wetlander said:
Ha!

I actually had an impossible burger at Mall of America and it was delicious. 
Good to hear... We just bought a two pack of em @ WholeFoods on sale, haven't grilled em yet. My wife is vegetarian (not vegan) and this will be a nice change of pace for her. 

I get a hankering for a good old cheeseburger now and then, but gotta watch the red-meat intake too.

Choices are good. Those Happy Little Plant items are actually being introduced by Hormel - the folks that bring you Black Label Bacon @ Spam! 

I eat mostly fish and chicken with the occasional red meat. My son is the same but he really liked the impossible burger too. I guess Burger King and White Castle have them. I don't eat fast food so I won't be trying them there. I am looking forward to eating at the arepa spot at the stadium. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I don't really get the whole eating specialty foods at a football game thing. Give me a beer and a bag of peanuts and I can eat at Manny's after the game for what it would cost to eat at the stadium. 
Exactly. I don't go to a game to "dine", maybe a hot dog waiting for kick off...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Wetlander said:
Ha!

Yep. My wife is a partner with a food brokerage company that deals with Costco and its out there. There is an amazing nut-based dip by Hope that is unreal. And the plant-based meat products are not at all bad and I say this being a big doubter. The Impossible Burger tastes the closest to meat. 

[Image: x_large]

Quote: @greediron said:
Yup.  But skip the beer.  Have one or two before hand and save the $9. 

I can't stand over paying for mediocre food.
Amen.  I've been to... (racks brain... ow...) about 20 total major league sports games and never ate or drank anything at the stadium.  I've heard Target Field is pretty cheap by comparison to the other highway robbers, so maybe I give in this Sunday.  Or, according to the weather forecast, I can just tilt my head back and open my mouth.

Quote: @Skodin said:
why?  its delicious.  chicken is chicken. tasteless as you add flavoring seasoning.  their food is damn good
I was referring more to the "fake meat" food.  I don't see the point of it. But I hunt and eat a lot of venison rather than getting my red meat from the grocery store.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Skodin said:
why?  its delicious.  chicken is chicken. tasteless as you add flavoring seasoning.  their food is damn good
I was referring more to the "fake meat" food.  I don't see the point of it. But I hunt and eat a lot of venison rather than getting my red meat from the grocery store.

It is probably more for those of us that don't hunt. I fish but I haven't gone hunting.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Skodin said:

Some people don't want to eat the meat of animals and they feel by going for plant-based proteins, they are helping that cause. They feel its cruel. Not saying I agree, but its not all about the health option.