Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Hey Floridians, watch-out for Dorian.
Expected to see alot of damage state wide. Flooding is going to be a major issue as we've been extremely wet all summer.
Plenty of water, Coleman gas, lamp oil non perishable items. Prepared for long power outages on the west side. 33 years in paradise. Not my 1st rodeo.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Kentis said:
@StickyBun said:
Yep, right now its looking like it will go about 105 miles north of us, but things can change. We'll get some fairly strong winds here in Boca regardless. Its still 3.5 days until it comes so I'm sure the trajectory will change. Its really just guesswork at this point but everyone is freaking out anyway.  Wink

Our house we just built about a year and a half ago can handle anything. We also have a Generac 20kw whole house generator fed by natural gas underground. Bring it on. Its just how messy will it get with the landscaping outside. All depends where it makes landfall.
I’m curious what all did you do to fortify you new home...?
Its built out of cement blocks, heavy clay tile shingles and impact windows everywhere. Its a fortress. Cat 5 wouldn't do dick to it. Its really not the wind that is the problem with hurricanes, its the storm surge and flooding. I live near the ocean and intercoastal, but not in a FEMA flood zone.
                                        [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=11189608]

Thoughts and prayers for Alabama

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Thoughts and prayers for Alabama
You had to go there.. :-)
By the way, the map displayed yesterday during the "hurricane update" by the president (whatever that was) was not a lie as there is no "intent". Right?

We got absolutely nothing in Boca Raton: nothing. We are 30 miles south of West Palm Beach where Dorian was 95 miles off shore. It completely stopped and stalled there and then inched its way north at 1 mph.  Crazy stuff. 

Looks like the Carolinas are going to get something as Dorian is back up to a Cat 3.