1          Andrew Luck
2          RG III
8          Ryan Tannehill
22        Brandon Weeden
57        Brock Osweiler
75        Russell Wilson
88        Nick Foles
102      Kirk Cousins

Meanwhile, we were positionally flush with Ponder & Webb.  [Image: WpNxYttYlVm0JhfVQMzm.png]

That was the yr we drafted "plug/play perennial All-Pro can't-miss"  Matt Kalil, LT.  

Dearest Mother,

I have concluded, after much soul- searching and numerous glances at the massive quantity of gold bullion in my knapsack, that I shall no longer lend the use of my sidearm to the young Stallion Men of Indiana.

Your constant supply of squirrel oil, while appreciated, proved useless. 

I will, however, stay vigilant with the upkeep of my glorious neck-beard.

Humbled, steadfast and laughing my fucking-ass-off-all-the-way-to-the-bank, I remain your, 

Andrew (Colt's fans ran out of) Luck

He's basically lived 4 straight years with pain from injuries. I was initially shocked, but I get it the more I read into it. 

Physical toll on Andrew Luck through 6 NFL seasons:
» Torn cartilage in 2 ribs
» partially torn abdomen
» a lacerated kidney that left him peeing blood
» at least 1 concussion
» a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder
» and this mysterious calf/ankle issue that led to this

It's too bad he couldn't announce this on his own terms...

I can't really fault him for retiring. He's dealt with a lot of injuries the past few years and while he battled back and played at a high level, he just hit a point where's it not worth it anymore. I also think that the Colts organization generally did a poor job of protecting him even though there were more recent OL improvements. Not sure how long he remains under contract with them, but it will be interesting to see if he chooses to remain retired or resurfaces in a year or two.

He has made about 110 million in his career and has 2 years left on his current deal.  I will be curious to see if Irsay let's him walk away clean or if he goes after the nearly 13 million in signing bonus money left on those last 2 years.

so sloter to the colts for 2x 1sts?

Quote: @savannahskol said:
2012 NFL draft QB's. Interesting year.  

Pick 

1          Andrew Luck
2          RG III
8          Ryan Tannehill
22        Brandon Weeden
57        Brock Osweiler
75        Russell Wilson
88        Nick Foles
102      Kirk Cousins
That was a very strange draft. The top 5 out of the NFL or close to it. The bottom three has 2 Super Bowl MVPs and an 84 million dollar man. 

The top 8 that year:

1. Luck - retired
2. RGIII - bust
3. Trent Richardson - bust
4. Matt Kalil - bust
5. Justin Blackmon - bust
6. Morris Claiborne - bust
7. Mark Barron - bust
8. Ryan Tannehill - bust

As a fan of Bridgewater the Viking, I can relate to how Colts fans are feeling today...

https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/1...9386853377&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2019%2F08%2F25%2Fus%2Fandrew-luck-retirement-reaction-trnd%2Findex.html