Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just can't shake the feeling....
Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
As far as the OL, Sticky...  I think the Vikings will be MUCH better running the football with Reiff, Remmers, Elflein, and DALVIN COOK...  but this OL will still give up too much pressure for our liking. 

We'll see if it's enough to get this offense back to at least the 2015 level...  I think we're a playoff team, but we're gonna need to average 25 ppg to make a deep playoff run in my opinion.
the 2015 offense only scored 3 more TD (32 to 29) than the 2016 team.  I'd rather shoot for the 2013 offense that scored 41 TD B)   

Yes, the line makes me very nervous, especially after seeing them at camp. Let's hope Reiff getting back on the field helps right the ship some.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
....that the offensive line is going to continue be the big weak spot and undermine the season. Everything else is in place to be a strong presence in the NFC. But it begins and ends with the lines. 
You should have seen the 1st string live and up-close at the scrimmage. Oy.

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
I hope not but unfortunately the offensive line has been the weak link during Zimmer's entire tenure here.  I'm cautiously optimistic that it will be maybe even average this year, but they've already lost valuable time together this training camp due to injury.
When's the last time it was a strength?

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
....that the offensive line is going to continue be the big weak spot and undermine the season. Everything else is in place to be a strong presence in the NFC. But it begins and ends with the lines. 
You should have seen the 1st string live and up-close at the scrimmage. Oy.
You mean when Bradford dropped on in the bucket for about a 50 yard TD over our high dollar CB?  Wink

Agree completely with OP. And the line can't be fixed in one offseason. We had one of the worst in the league last year IMO so even getting back to league average sounds difficult. I'm hoping for the best as always but yeah... we'll see.

Dalvin/Murray (+ some Mckinnon) should be a nice upgrade over Mckinnon/Asiata, so we do have that!

After a historically bad OL, I don't know how we can't improve...barring another series of injuries...I mean, c'mon...5 different guys at LT alone last year... 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

@"SFVikingFan" said:
I hope not but unfortunately the offensive line has been the weak link during Zimmer's entire tenure here.  I'm cautiously optimistic that it will be maybe even average this year, but they've already lost valuable time together this training camp due to injury.
When's the last time it was a strength?

I’m optimistic on our OLine,
especially as an upgrade over last year, but also that we’re heading in the
right direction.  In the last several
years, we’ve been depending on old injured/injury prone linemen.  We’ve jettisoned Kalil, Smith, and Fusco;  3 starters who’s play has suffered dramatically
due to injuries, which they’ve seemed to have a lot of.  If anything Reiff and Remmers (as well as
Boone and Berger) have been consistently healthy and available to play.

I think we’ve got consistent adequate talent across the
board at OLine.  I like our depth at C
and G.  I’m not as high on the tackle
depth, but this was not a good year for picking up tackles.  I know some people are high on Hill, but I
just haven’t seen him play enough.  I
think next year we’ll try to pick up some tackles, hopefully an upgrade over
Remmers and good backup at LT, depending on how Hill turns out.

If Clemmings is cut, that gets rid of the last guy that I
really cringe at seeing on the field.

Quote: @"medaille" said:

If Clemmings is cut, that gets rid of the last guy that I
really cringe at seeing on the field.
Yeah it is too bad. He's a smart and really nice guy.