Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Anyone ever break or fracture a rib?
Anyone ever break or fracture a rib?Yes, & I apologized to the guys I did it to...!  Wink

Ouch. Might be time to take down the sex swing from the master bedroom. 

Yes.  Only advice I can give you is don't cough. And pray you don't have to sneeze!!!

I fractured my ribs on a redneck slip N slide a few years back. I am not as young as I act

Quote: @Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
Yes.  Only advice I can give you is don't cough. And pray you don't have to sneeze!!!
Yup - to both. And allergy season is right around the corner lol! 

Quote: @Hidalgo said:
I fractured my ribs on a redneck slip N slide a few years back. I am not as young as I act
Ok you simple must elaborate on this one...lol.

broke three ribs once in a truck accident/rollover.  Sneezing or laughing was the worst.

2 nights ago went to an after hours clinic because of serious burning sensation on right shoulder and back----yeah shingles(feels like someone is repeatedly lighting a match and holding it to my skin except like 20/30 matches at a time.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@Hidalgo said:
We put a 200' plastic tarp down a hill in the backyard for a water party for my teenage daughter and her friends. Covered it with liquid soap and baby oil. I had to give it a test run. I took off running toward it and launched superman style. The ground underneath was rock hard. Fractured on impact. I slid about halfway down. Couldn't breath, couldn't stand up. No kids around at the time but my wife and her friends watched and laughed and laughed. 

Quote: @Hidalgo said:
@suncoastvike said:
@Hidalgo said:
We put a 200' plastic tarp down a hill in the backyard for a water party for my teenage daughter and her friends. Covered it with liquid soap and baby oil. I had to give it a test run. I took off running toward it and launched superman style. The ground underneath was rock hard. Fractured on impact. I slid about halfway down. Couldn't breath, couldn't stand up. No kids around at the time but my wife and her friends watched and laughed and laughed. 
Better story than mine.  I got my kids a cool slip in slide when they were to young to really get into it so I had to shown them how it was done.  It was a 3 lane race track with a little inflatable pool at the end..
Well I got a good run at it,  flew down that thing ( pretty sure the sound barrier was broken)  I got to the little pool and skipped like a rock across the pooled water, and when I hit the  inflated bumper it launched me into the air and I flew about 5 feet,  hit the wet grass and skidded violently into the gravel driveway...major road crash and quite sore for a week or so...and yes everybody was laughing their ass off. 

Yup...stepped on a conveyer belt at work and went over backwards.  Actually finished my shift and went home.  Then tried to get up the next day and OUCH!!  Doc said cracked rib, tough luck and here's some pain pills.  I got off easy, was only off work a few days.