Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I getting to jaded?
The other thing that has to happen is the particle storm has to get captured by the earths magnetic field. Solar storms are not uncommon in our system. Being in the path of it so far has been since our electronic dependency era.

Maybe it's a good time to pursue alternatives. Supply and demand are out of sync. There were some cool moments of people coming together to help each other in New York.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Viking1987 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Its hot in July,  brown outs and black outs are nothing new in the eastern US metro areas when the weather warms up.
true  but  the  grid could  be  hacked  by  forgien intrests  or  even  someone   here  dont  know  what  happened   probaly never will
could have happened,  but isnt it more likely that to many people were running their ACs on an electrical grid that is under built for todays loads?
This. Its not as interesting for some that think conspiracy, but its why NYC has had blackouts before in July. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Maybe it's a good time to pursue alternatives. Supply and demand are out of sync. There were some cool moments of people coming together to help each other in New York.
I've heard you can run a lamp on oil from whale blubber.

California suffers through rolling black outs during extreme hot days across the whole state. And now PG&E will turn off power during high winds in certain areas. A number of HUGE fires - in fact some were the biggest fires in State history -  over that past few years have been caused by high winds taking down old equipment / or trees taking out power lines. PG&E now owes billions of $$ to people who have lost their homes / lives / businesses due to PG&E neglecting to take care of the trimming around power lines etc. - been a huge deal the past few years. A town in the foothills - ironically called Paradies - got completely destroyed by a PGE caused fire. The year before A huge part of Sonoma, Napa and Santa Rosa got hammered by fires caused by PGE not doing their jobs keeping trees away from power lines.

You mean like the rest of the industrialized world? Do we want to risk windmill cancer?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@Vikergirl said:
You mean like the rest of the industrialized world? Do we want to risk windmill cancer?
I know right. What a concept? I guess the health risks to coal miners are not an issue. Might as make up some health issues regarding renewables to hold back progress.

Look at what some shithole country is doing.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/20/africa/af...index.html

@"BarrNone55" said:
@Vikergirl said:
I know right. What a concept? I guess the health risks to coal miners are not an issue. Might as make up some health issues regarding renewables to hold back progress.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/23/743152782...nefits-tax

@"BarrNone55" said:
@Vikergirl said:
Dig into health issue with wind,  see if you want one of those fucking things in your back yard. 

Also Europe is decades ahead of the US in wind and they are pulling back on land based wind...why would that be?  What I dont understand is why if that shit's so fucking great doesnt Minnesota put the shit in their state and leave us the fuck alone?  Oh yeah,  the Minnesota regulations are harder than ours are and some corrupt truckers over here look the other way.