Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its only been May/June and OTAs, but.....
How about we for once don't lose a starting OL for the year in preseason/September?  And having the OL coach not die will probably help too.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@StickyBun said:
I keep reading from defensive players that the offense is different this season and been much more difficult to deal with. Its a theme I keep reading about in interviews.

Not trying to be silly or overreactive, but maybe there is something there. Grain of salt, but it gives a fan a little hope for a turnaround season possibly. 
We don't have any game "proof", so I know we need to grab whatever news we get.
That said...can anyone show me a case where players on a football team told reporters anything negative about their team in preseason/OTA? Like, "Geez, the offensive players really seem confused, I think fans should keep their expectations down", or, "Well that draft pick just isn't cutting it, I don't see what the GM saw in him"...?? No. So yeah, keep that salt shaker handy.
You can tell a lot by reading between the lines, what is said, how it's said, prevarication, etc. The enthusiasm about individuals doesn't always convert, but you can almost always tell when there's a problem.

In the interviews I've seen, Barr and Zimmer in particular, seem genuinely impressed with the offensive scheme. And that's another thing, it's not like anyone's raving about a player who looks good in shorts. Seems mostly about scheme.

#Vikings coach Mike Zimmer, speaking at his FB camp today, is pleased with the new offense through OTAs. “It’s going good. I’m very, very happy with the way that it’s working, the progress that the offense has made and really the way everything is starting to come together.’’