Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins already impressed with WR Jordan Taylor
Great to hear about Taylor.  I wish nothing but success for Tready. He is still a vike. I think his strength and athleticism was enoufh for college but in the NFL nearly every catch is contested.  He does not have great ball skills or the ability to fight and catch at the same time.  There is no doubt he has worked hard on his body, he is ripped. Add in the drops and he is basically a bench player

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
Great to hear about Taylor.  I wish nothing but success for Tready. He is still a vike. I think his strength and athleticism was enoufh for college but in the NFL nearly every catch is contested.  He does not have great ball skills or the ability to fight and catch at the same time.  There is no doubt he has worked hard on his body, he is ripped. Add in the drops and he is basically a bench player
Well put, and agreed.

While he wears our colors, I want him to succeed every time he hits the field...but, he's conditioned me (and countless others) not to expect even mediocrity at this point.  At some point, he's a "bust" and the hater-labeling is just delusion.

Quote: @"Akvike" said:
Why is it that if we can clearly see that tready is not getting it done and question why he's still on the team (we're termed haters).  He won't be the first 1st, rounder to wash out and definitely not the last.  How many potential players are we gonna lose to protect this mistake---take whatever trade ya can get to get out from under his last year hit and move on. 
how many have we lost to date?   I dont recall cutting any receivers in the last 3 years that went on to do anything more than Treadwell has.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Akvike" said:
Why is it that if we can clearly see that tready is not getting it done and question why he's still on the team (we're termed haters).  He won't be the first 1st, rounder to wash out and definitely not the last.  How many potential players are we gonna lose to protect this mistake---take whatever trade ya can get to get out from under his last year hit and move on. 
how many have we lost to date?   I dont recall cutting any receivers in the last 3 years that went on to do anything more than Treadwell has.
Jarius Wright is the only name that came to mind, and their catches, yards and TDs are about the same.  Aldrick Robinson is another name, but all he could do was catch TDs.

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Akvike" said:
Jarius Wright is the only name that came to mind, and their catches, yards and TDs are about the same.  Aldrick Robinson is another name, but all he could do was catch TDs.
which isnt a bad thing if you are a 1 trick pony,  but he too wilted when given a bigger role.   I have been disappointed in Treadwell as much as anybody,  but people go a little nuts over a position that is really only going to be a 4th or 5th option at best on any given play and with the 4 in front of him... thats a lot of crying over not much spilt milk.

Quote: @"Akvike" said:
I don't think the Vikings have protected him at all. I think he was legitimately the 3rd best receiver on the team last year. Who did we cut last year that should've made the team in his place? Stacy Coley? Cayleb Jones? Jake Weineke? Korey Robertson? 

I do think his chances of making the team are much less this year, though, with Taylor, two draft picks and three pretty good-looking holdovers from last year in Zylstra, Badet and Beebe. 

Gun to my head prediction: Diggs, Thielen, Taylor, Beebe, and...I'll say Badet...with Zylstra and Johnson on the PS. Badet is the interesting one. I didn't think he'd be much of a consideration, but the Vikings gave him $75K for a reason. You know what they say..."teams lie all the time but they don't lie with their checkbook." 

He's going to get a shot at returning punts too...

I think the Vikings like Beebe a bunch. 

If the Vikings get their way, Cook is going to see a lot more work vs year-ago than anyone playing WR #3 will get vs last season. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

If the Vikings get their way, Cook is going to see a lot more work vs year-ago than anyone playing WR #3 will get vs last season. 
Agree. Kubiak uses 12 personnel (1 back, 2 TE) more than most coordinators. I think I read where the WR3 in a Kubiak offense typically gets about 20 catches per season, which is 15 less than even Treadwell had last year. Pretty sure that's why the Vikings chose to drop WR among their list of needs in the draft. I really wanted us to look at WR3 in round two, but if I'd just thought about the offense we'll be running, it would've been obvious to me that WR wasn't an option for us that high. 

Wouldn't surprise me if the TE2 (Irv Smith) and the RB2 (Alex Mattison) both get more yards than the WR3, whoever that is. 

Of course, no one knows quite what a Stefanski/Kubiak combo special is going to look like, but my hunch is that it's going to look a lot more like Kubiak than anything else. Stefanski has been with the team for years. He was even the coordinator for the last few games last season. And yet, all we've heard from OTAs is how the team is adjusting to the "new" offense, the "new" playbook, etc. To me that suggests that Kubiak's fingerprints will be all over this offense.