Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So... who do you want next?
I'm a Deebo Samuel nut and would be ecstatic if he were the pick. That said, I'm kinda liking this OL thing. It's new, unfamiliar, exciting. I want more.

The problem is that the 2nd round tackles (McGary, Howard) went in the 1st. There's a dead zone now at tackle. Who knows what happens with Taylor. Not very likely Risner or Ford lasts until 50. Do we trade Waynes to move up for one? What does the team think of Greg Little? Top 10 tools, 5th round head. Same story for Edoga. Max Scharping is intriguing but is probably a guard. 

Some really nice IOL players on day two if we want to go there again. DT too. 

O-line dipped down the board a little in round one so there are quite a few guys who are a good value in the 2nd. Tonight I think the big question is whether the run on CB's or WR's start first. If the run on WR's begin they probably will need to look at a TE or WR in round two. If not, maybe a D-lineman. Lots of flexibility. I wouldn't be shocked to see them drop back from #50 to get another mid-round selection. 

I believe we are done with IOL for at least a bit.  Then again, I didn't see them taking a C over a T yesterday either.  So who knows.  The field is wide open, with a ton of very talented guys in round 2 and round 3.  A trade back in 2 is my first guess.  I think Rick wants that missing 5th round pick back.  CB's have barely been touched.  Safety is still very much in play.  TE and WR depth is rock solid in the next few rounds.  Hell, even a RB could be a fit. Even though I'd personally prefer we hold off until at least the 4th for one.  I'm 100% against a Greg Little selection, so that's probably who we'll take Smile  

With help for the OL, it feels easier to say BPA. If DK Metcalf was still there, that's pretty tempting. I would also be happy to see another OL, and since we're emphasizing scheme fit (zone blocking), wouldn't Erik McCoy make more sense than Cody Ford?

Quote: @Jor-El said:
With help for the OL, it feels easier to say BPA. If DK Metcalf was still there, that's pretty tempting. I would also be happy to see another OL, and since we're emphasizing scheme fit (zone blocking), wouldn't Erik McCoy make more sense than Cody Ford?
McCoy would be my choice if we want to double dip at OL in the first two rounds.  Good all-around player.  He is also versatile enough to play C/OG and fits into the position flexibility mold that the Vikings like in their offensive linemen.

I just don't know where that leaves Elflein if we take another interior guy.  Heck, we're all speculating that Bradbury is now our starting C, but maybe the Vikings drafted him to be a LG?  Who knows...

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Jor-El said:
McCoy would be my choice if we want to double dip at OL in the first two rounds.  Good all-around player.  He is also versatile enough to play C/OG and fits into the position flexibility mold that the Vikings like in their offensive linemen.

I just don't know where that leaves Elflein if we take another interior guy.  Heck, we're all speculating that Bradbury is now our starting C, but maybe the Vikings drafted him to be a LG?  Who knows...
I think it would work itself out fine. No need to be penciling Josh Kline in for any long term duty.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Jor-El said:

I wouldn't hesitate to take McCoy. But if I did I might trade Elflein to a power team. I'm not a big fan of the day-two value at tackle. It's really good at DT, TE and WR though. 

Samia, Powers and Davis should all still be available in the 3rd.  All have potential to push either Elf or Kline to the bench and Isadora off the team.

Unless Risner, McCoy or Ford falls I'd definitely look to WR, TE or D-Line at #50.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Samia, Powers and Davis should all still be available in the 3rd.  All have potential to push either Elf or Kline to the bench and Isadora off the team.

Unless Risner, McCoy or Ford falls I'd definitely look to WR, TE or D-Line at #50.
This. Totally agree.

I chose DL. I am seriously no guru but it seems we got shoved around in both trenches last season. So if we could grab a athletic DL I think I'd be pretty happy. I would try and grab another OL for some depth maybe round 4.