Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Schedule
The first 4 games are around our home, so little travel is great to start the season.  Plus getting Chicago and Green Bay games over with early in decent weather in a bonus.  Last 3 of 4 are home vs our rivals.  No Thanksgiving week game which is great for morale for the team who get family time for Turkey Day.  In my opinion the only downside to the schedule is the Lions to Skins game for Thursday night football.  Always hard transition, but this one is home, so not too awful.  Considering the Skins are going to Green Bay then to Minnesota then to Buffalo then to Miami which is 4 straight road games, they have a tough deal, not us.  If we can start strong, the last part of the schedule from the bye on is very favorable.  Even the prospect of the Monday night game vs Seattle is good with a very long rest over Thanksgiving.  Seattle is traveling from Philly after a Sunday night game the week before to host us Monday Night, then to the Rams for a 3rd night game in a row.  It is actually 4 in a row, but they have a bye week 11 and 10 is a Monday night game at SF.  3 road night games and 1 home night game vs us over 4 games.  We are very lucky.

At least they don't host the Bills this season.

I must be crazy.  I see 11 or 12 wins (depending on injuries-as always).

By the way... 5 PRIME-TIME GAMES???

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Wow yeah that's nice we finish with the 3 Divisional home games.
Week 12 bye is solid. Road game after the bye is nice.

Not much to complain about here really.
And selfishly... the Vikings are playing in Los Angeles again, woohoo! I'll be there!
I plan on being there this time since it is a sunday 

Sept. 8 and 22 the Twins are also at home with 1:10 PM starts.  Happy traffic B)  

I notice that 4 of the 5 primetime games are week 10 or later... so the Vikings can be yanked if they faceplant like last season.  Smart move by the schedule maker.

Other than the timing of the division games, this seems like a pretty even schedule: no stretch jumps out as a "murderer's row", nor is there any batch of cream puffs.

Quote: @SDCAVIKESFAN said:
@pattersaur said:

And selfishly... the Vikings are playing in Los Angeles again, woohoo! I'll be there!
So I just checked out of curiosity and Chargers tickets are already on sale. Official face value ones, not reseller prices. I grabbed a pair for my wife and I. Probably worth snagging before prices go up if you know you are going to attend. I saw a few pairs get snagged while I was searching, so people are buying them...

PSA- Vikes home game tickets are ON SALE NOW too.

I'm not sure when these tickets went live but if anyone is wanting to get in before the scalpers, get on ticketmaster.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@SDCAVIKESFAN said:
@pattersaur said:

So I just checked out of curiosity and Chargers tickets are already on sale. Official face value ones, not reseller prices. I grabbed a pair for my wife and I. Probably worth snagging before prices go up if you know you are going to attend. I saw a few pairs get snagged while I was searching, so people are buying them...

PSA- Vikes home game tickets are ON SALE NOW too.

I'm not sure when these tickets went live but if anyone is wanting to get in before the scalpers, get on ticketmaster.

Wow did not know they were on sale already. Am out of work so hopefully does not sell out to quick.   Not sure when I will get back to work.   All depends when my back decides it wants to heal ☹

Two night games on the west coast is my only beef...

Quote: @pumpf said:
By the way... 5 PRIME-TIME GAMES???
I was surprised by this also, I thought the league would be off the Viking's bandwagon this year. 

A late bye week and 3 of the last 4 games at home against the NFCN. I like that. No freezing games outside in late December, also love that. 
Little reason to complain here.