Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Richardson to sign 3 year deal with the Browns

Funny the difference a year makes. What happened to the euphoria I was feeling last year? Kind of a downer even though I knew it was coming. Good news is when I expect less I often get more. Gonna be a great year am I right!!

Quote: @medaille said:
@purplefaithful said:
Team aint getting any better losing Barr and Sheldon. 

sigh
Might have to sacrifice a little bit on defense to fix the offense, and then hope Zimmer works some magic.

Meh.  Hate to see Barr go but Sheldon was a disappointment.  IMHO, they can be replaced.

Not that upset about Richardson, or surprised - come on, wasn't this seen as a one-year rental from the start, by both sides? He wanted a big multi-year deal last year, could not find one, and he thought he would have a productive year in the middle of a line that had so many other standouts that he wouldn't get double-teamed.
Zimmer and Patterson have 2 recent 4th round DTs who were supposedly loaded with talent and just needed polish by good NFL coaches. Jalyn Holmes was lauded a year ago as being hand-picked by Patterson and compared to Danielle Hunter in terms of untapped talent. They have had a year to prep him for the 3T role. This isn't outlandish - if this was an opening on the OL, the Vikings would be assuming some undrafted free agent coming off an injury could step in.

Next guy up.  Some of these young guys need to step up to the starting level now.  Looks like the team will need to address DT in the draft.

Richardson is good, but not great.  With our cap situation, I'm not sorry to see him leave.

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
Am I the only one not impressed with Richardson and not upset byhis departure?  He had some splash plays rushing QB but I felt he was pretty invisible in the run defense.   Seems like we were gashed a lot last year when teams ran on us.
Nope.  Resident gambler came and was saying how awful it was, how were the Vikings going to replace him.  I just shrugged and said it wasn't that big of a loss.  Richardson has been getting paid on his name for quite a while now.

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
Am I the only one not impressed with Richardson and not upset byhis departure?  He had some splash plays rushing QB but I felt he was pretty invisible in the run defense.   Seems like we were gashed a lot last year when teams ran on us.
He never really flashed often enough to be worth a long term investment. If you can't flourish under Coach Dre...

Richardson only had like 4 games where he seemed totally plugged in---and an equal or more that seemed nearly mailed in

4 teams in 4 years, mercs don’t win in the ultimate team sport...! 

Considering that Richardson had such a mediocre season- despite being coached by the best DL coach in the world- tells me: that he's not worth it.  He might be a "decent" starter... but I would NOT put him in the "elite" category... or even the "very good" category.  To me, he's above-average (at best).