Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Hell, I worked with people like this for 30 years
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
We have those here in the U.S., they are called union jobs. 
Union workers actually work.  It would be far more accurate to call it a trust fund baby job

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"ThunderGod" said:
Basically early retirement with a pension for one employee.  Don't see where this is any experiment.  Just B.S.
ranks right up there with "guaranteed minimum income"  even if the person doesnt have a job,  honestly whats the difference between this and welfare except this person actually has to leave his /her house to get paid.
Who knows, maybe they can work from home using a time clock app to clock in and out.

Quote: @"ThunderGod" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"ThunderGod" said:
Basically early retirement with a pension for one employee.  Don't see where this is any experiment.  Just B.S.
ranks right up there with "guaranteed minimum income"  even if the person doesnt have a job,  honestly whats the difference between this and welfare except this person actually has to leave his /her house to get paid.
Or just have a buddy who is going by the station clock you in.  
well, getting fire from a job with no requirements would look bad on the resume.

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Union workers actually work.  
LOL. Good one! .......Oh you are serious?

@"Bullazin" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Union workers actually work.  
LOL. Good one! .......Oh you are serious?

You know any cops unions?
firefighters?
how about taconite miners?
coal miners

Yes i know im too damn serious

trying to make a joke I’m sure, but way off base.  Without unions you wouldnt have  weekends, a 40 hour work week,a minimum wage and safe and sanitary workplace provisions. Bullizin is right.  Of course abuses can exist, on both sides but who do you trust to protect you, the corporation or your fellow workers?

Quote: @"Caactorvike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

trying to make a joke I’m sure, but way off base.  Without unions you wouldnt have  weekends, a 40 hour work week,a minimum wage and safe and sanitary workplace provisions. Bullizin is right.  Of course abuses can exist, on both sides but who do you trust to protect you, the corporation or your fellow workers?
thanks to those "fellow workers"  (ahem..cough...mobsters... cough) and their looking out for the fellow worker a lot of those evil corporations went bankrupt or those jobs left the country.   as far as the rest of that shit... those things would have come around without unions,  there are plenty of places around the world that dont have organized labor and have shorter work weeks and better working conditions than in our organized shops here.  they had their time and place but that was long ago.

Quote: @"Caactorvike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Lol, i gotta learn to laugh caactor.  prolly never will, but you know im right there with ya bro

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Caactorvike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

thanks to those "fellow workers"  (ahem..cough...mobsters... cough) and their looking out for the fellow worker a lot of those evil corporations went bankrupt or those jobs left the country.   as far as the rest of that shit... those things would have come around without unions,  there are plenty of places around the world that dont have organized labor and have shorter work weeks and better working conditions than in our organized shops here.  they had their time and place but that was long ago.
terrible outlook here.  sticky was joking but your sentiment is real. and dangerous.  Unions became powerful for a reason, and they became weak for the same reason corps left.  Greed

OT: Hell, I worked with people like this for 30 years[Image: g71ernzmtvi5.gif]
do tell... Wink B)