Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do you think DK Metcalf ends up going?
Quote: @"Canthony" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Here's a better question: How many teams will take him off the board for medical reasons? His three cone was slower than Tom Brady.  Where's the college production? There's a half dozen WRs I'd rather have day two over this guy. 

I know we don't associate, but I really want to know your opinion. Is this more of a Kevin White situation or a Patterson (no, not trying to bring up old shit) situation. Meaning, Kevin White seems like a complete bust IMO and Paterson at least salvaged a decent career in the return game.
I am trying to compare this guy to someone. I would bet he will be a bust though. I agree that I would take a WR in the 2nd before I would take.
PS. Please don't be an ass if you don't want to answer. Just simply don't answer. Thanks.
On the down side, David Boston. On the up, Julio Jones. At the end of the day (drink), he's probably somewhere in between. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Canthony" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Here's a better question: How many teams will take him off the board for medical reasons? His three cone was slower than Tom Brady.  Where's the college production? There's a half dozen WRs I'd rather have day two over this guy. 

I know we don't associate, but I really want to know your opinion. Is this more of a Kevin White situation or a Patterson (no, not trying to bring up old shit) situation. Meaning, Kevin White seems like a complete bust IMO and Paterson at least salvaged a decent career in the return game.
I am trying to compare this guy to someone. I would bet he will be a bust though. I agree that I would take a WR in the 2nd before I would take.
PS. Please don't be an ass if you don't want to answer. Just simply don't answer. Thanks.
On the down side, David Boston. On the up, Julio Jones. At the end of the day (drink), he's probably somewhere in between. 

Thank you for your response.

I thought about David Boston. I wouldn't put him into the Julio category though. Julio had awesome production in college and had the measurable to back it up.

@"Canthony" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

The first guy I thought of was Boston...I'd say his upside is Allen Hurns...the guy was slower than Tom freaking Brady in the 3 cone...

PFF suggest Martavius Bryant as a style comparison.  That seems pretty close to me.  Dudes a pure deep threat that can fall back
on routes like comebacks.  I just don’t
see him working the rest of the field, especially with his horrible agility
numbers.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Metcalf, Metcalf...Where have I heard that name again?

Is this kid the GRANDKID of Terry Metcalf? Son of Eric Metcalf?

God I am really getting old of this is the case...
DeKaylin Zecharius Metcalf (born December 14, 1997) is an American football wide receiver for the Ole Miss Rebels. He is the son of former National Football League (NFL) player Terrence Metcalf.
Terrence Orlando Metcalf (born January 28, 1978) is a former American college and professional football player who was a guard in the National Football League (NFL) for seven seasons during the early 2000s. He played college football for the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss), and was recognized as a consensus All-American. The Chicago Bears chose him in the third round of the 2002 NFL Draft.

I haven't watched much of Metcalf since he'll go long before we have any business taking a receiver. There are a lot of receivers below him (particularly Harmon, Samuel, and Ridley) that I like just as much if not better.

That said, I do like how DKM addresses the issue of mouthy corners....

https://twitter.com/BenMurphyTV/status/1...4795370497
unfortunately he should be flagged on that play (he initiated contact with the crown of his helmet) ,  but it was funny to see that CB get knocked on his ass.

I haven't watched much of Metcalf since he'll go long before we have any business taking a receiver. There are a lot of receivers below him (particularly Harmon, Samuel, and Ridley) that I like just as much if not better.

That said, I do like how DKM addresses the issue of mouthy corners....

https://twitter.com/BenMurphyTV/status/1...4795370497
Except that's not DK Metcalf.  That's a CFL game, where the WR's have a running start.  

Not your fault with the tag that someone put on that CFL clip, tho.  

I imagine at 6' 4"  230  brick-shit-house build and 4.33 speed... he will RUN OVER many DB's in the near future.  
Tackling him in the open field with a head of steam will be a business decision.  

Some pre-combine  mocks had him dropping in the late teens, but I haven't seen one dropping to our area post-combine.  

He'd be damn tough to pass on.   Those measurables don't come around often.  

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Canthony" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

The first guy I thought of was Boston...I'd say his upside is Allen Hurns...the guy was slower than Tom freaking Brady in the 3 cone...

Mike Evans had a 7.08 3- cone agility drill 
Randy Moss had a 7.19 (at his pro-day)
Anquan Boldin had a 7.3  

Metcalf had a 7.25.   So he's in pretty good company.  

DeAndre Hopkins had a 4.50 20 yard shuttle.... Metcalf had the same.  I think Hopkins is doing ok, thus far....

Kinda curious folks are finding these agility numbers to knock the kid... when most receivers being mentioned didn't even 
participate in them.  At least Metcalf did 'em.  We'll see if they (numbers) improve at his pro-day.  

Unfortunately as a red-shirt sophomore, there is not a lot of film on him.... but what there is... is plenty good.  

If he was there at 18.... hmmmmm.  

Those 3 guys you mentioned also produced in college...DK not so much. 

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/statu...5586447360&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxsports.com.au%2Fnfl%2Fnfl-combine-2019-dk-metcalf-baffles-in-ridiculous-athletic-showcase%2Fnews-story%2F6c6c455e72eacfdec9e1ed2178ac0e9a