Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flacco To The Donkeys
Sure would like Case very muchly over Semian...very muchly....unless we’ve got Sloter at #2 now

Quote: @prairieghost said:
Sure would like Case very muchly over Semian...very muchly....unless we’ve got Sloter at #2 now
Will be interesting to see the Kubiak effect on the #2 spot. I do think Sloter has a legit shot at it this year. 

I can see Keenum as a Giant and reuniting with Shurmur, and Eli has a hug signing bonus coming up that I doubt they want to pay

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@prairieghost said:
Will be interesting to see the Kubiak effect on the #2 spot. I do think Sloter has a legit shot at it this year. 
I agree. There was some buzz last week that Kubiak may want to keep Siemian since he drafted him, likes him a lot and is apparently ultra smart. But Siemian would require a new contract and I'm not sure I see that happening, especially since Kubiak can get the same sort of thing from Sloter.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@prairieghost said:
I agree. There was some buzz last week that Kubiak may want to keep Siemian since he drafted him, likes him a lot and is apparently ultra smart. But Siemian would require a new contract and I'm not sure I see that happening, especially since Kubiak can get the same sort of thing from Sloter.
Maybe it would be a new contract... with A LOT less money?

https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/...to-Broncos

The Baltimore Ravens
agreed in principle to trade quarterback Joe Flacco to the Denver
Broncos, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Wednesday.
Flacco,
34, was the MVP of Super Bowl XLVII in 2013 and was the Ravens' starter
since 2008 until a hip injury in 2018 sent Flacco to the sidelines
after Week 9. Rookie first-round pick Lamar Jackson took over for Flacco
and didn't relinquish the starting role.
Teams
are prohibited from commenting on the trade or the terms until it is
officially processed when the new NFL league year begins March 13. Ian
Rapoport of the NFL Network reported that Denver will send a mid-round
draft pick to the Ravens.
Baltimore went 4-5 with Flacco as the starter last season. Jackson led the Ravens to a 6-1 record and the AFC North title.
Hip and back injuries were concerns for Flacco in recent seasons.

Flacco has spent all 11 of his NFL seasons with the Ravens, starting
all 163 of his games played. He has completed 61.7 percent of his passes
for 38,245 yards and 212 touchdowns. He was the 18th overall pick in
the 2008 NFL Draft. In March 2016, he
signed a three-year, $66.4 million contract extension that runs through
the 2021 season. That will need to be re-worked, according to Rapoport.
The Ravens must carry Flacco's $26.5 million cap hit until June 1, per
the NFL Network.
Case Keenum, signed after
a stint with the Minnesota Vikings, started all 16 games last season in
his first year in Denver, which went 6-10.
Keenum,
who turns 31 on Sunday, completed 62.3 percent of his passes for 3,890
yards, with 18 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. He has one year
remaining on a two-year, $36 million contract, with $6.5 million of his
$18 million due for 2019 guaranteed if he is released.

Quote: @Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
I can see Keenum as a Giant and reuniting with Shurmur, and Eli has a hug signing bonus coming up that I doubt they want to pay
I thought the same thing when I saw this.  Keenum excelled in Shurmer's system.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@prairieghost said:
I really hope they don't go this route.  I feel like we've seen what Siemian has to offer.  Time to swing for the fences for a change and see what Sloter has to offer as the backup and possible heir apparent to Cousins in two years.

Quote:In March 2016, he
signed a three-year, $66.4 million contract extension that runs through
the 2021 season. That will need to be re-worked, according to Rapoport.
The Ravens must carry Flacco's $26.5 million cap hit until June 1, per
the NFL Network.

Keenum,
who turns 31 on Sunday, completed 62.3 percent of his passes for 3,890
yards, with 18 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. He has one year
remaining on a two-year, $36 million contract, with $6.5 million of his
$18 million due for 2019 guaranteed if he is released.
wow, lots of money for average QBs. 

Quote: @pumpf said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@prairieghost said:
Maybe it would be a new contract... with A LOT less money?
Well, it won't be LESS money. He's barely making anything now. And there a lot of teams with a lot of money who would love a backup QB with two years of starting experience.