Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senior Bowl Day Two Notes
I could see Erik McCoy going ahead of Bradbury. 

Bradbury really struggles with power, and needs time to get stronger.  I think he's Day 3 right now.  Great athlete, just not enough ballast.

A couple OL guys who might also crack the Top 50-60 are:

Dave Edwards LT -Wisconsin (6'-7" 319 lb) - former option qb and TE

and RT Kaleb McGary - Washington (6'-7" 321 lb)

Quote: @kahsmick said:
I could see Erik McCoy going ahead of Bradbury. 

Bradbury really struggles with power, and needs time to get stronger.  I think he's Day 3 right now.  Great athlete, just not enough ballast.

A couple OL guys who might also crack the Top 50-60 are:

Dave Edwards LT -Wisconsin (6'-7" 319 lb) - former option qb and TE

and RT Kaleb McGary - Washington (6'-7" 321 lb)
At this point, nothing would surprise me. I could see McCoy going ahead of Bradbury, but Bradbury is such a uniquely talented zone blocker that a zone team needing a center will probably take him a little early.

Edwards and McGary are probably worth putting in that group. I know both have their believers... thought McGary looked solid in 1 on 1s at the Senior Bowl. Haven't seen Edwards yet... 

Quote: @kahsmick said:

On the way home I heard Tony Pauline say that he talked to an NFL team scout at the Senior Bowl who told him 90% chance Bradbury goes in the 1st round.

I know, Tony Pauline, so take it for what it's worth.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@kahsmick said:

On the way home I heard Tony Pauline say that he talked to an NFL team scout at the Senior Bowl who told him 90% chance Bradbury goes in the 1st round.

I know, Tony Pauline, so take it for what it's worth.  
I don't know exactly what they look for at The Pivot.  That little guy who played for Chicago Olin something [Kreutz] was successful as an undersized guy because he was cat quick and dived at guys legs a lot.  I never liked small centers, or the way he played.  But, it was obvious he was very good at his job.

Guys like Risner and Lindstrom are SO much more experienced and technical at this point than some of their colleagues and they look somewhat NFL Ready.  Are they really?  Yeah, Risner 'shut down' Montez Sweat, who is still pretty raw,  but, that's not the same as facing NFL edge rushers.

At this point they both look like late 1st round picks to me.  I think the run on Guards will repeat itself in the 2019 Draft.  Lindstrom in the 2nd [at #50?]sounds like good value to me.  I really like how steady and consistent he was.

The Wisconsin interior guys all appear to need at least a year.  Deiter is really average, and Benzshawel is a guard trapped in a tackle's body.