Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Priefer is out
Huh, didn't see this coming.  I thought I had heard he was coming back.  Interesting.  Wonder who they will hire.

Every year the Vikings fall for a fake FG or fake punt(or two) or have some really bad ST breakdown.  I was surprised he was here as long as he was, to be honest.  

Sounds like it was a contract dispute more than anything. 

Didn't Priefer stump for drafting Walsh, Locke, and Carlson?  He also makes a last minute punter change just before the season starts, and
the rookie kicker didn't make three games into the season.

Maybe he got chewed on a bit for those decisions, and didn't like it?  Of course I have no idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if the heat got turned up on him this season.

According to PFT, he was offered a contract in Minny but chose the Browns instead.

[Image: ba7wqb6gnwgi.gif]
2019, things are already looikin’ up for the Vikings!  B) 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Sounds like it was a contract dispute more than anything. 
With his track record, I doubt the Vikings were offering a pay raise. 

Under him, our ST have been ordinary at best in recent years. 

our coverage teams are either pretty special... or look special ed,  I think he designs his schemes to either boom or bust with not much of a safety net and that doesnt really fit what zimmer does and has left our teams exposed at inopportune times.  however we have had some pretty good success at times which has given him a fair amount of respect around the league from what Ive heard.... but he chose the browns,  that should say a lot.

Update: he's from Cleveland and has always wanted to get back. There you go.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Priefer is signing with the Browns as their special team coordinator. Vikings offered him a contract, he turned them down. Had interest from Lions and Falcons, too. Might have had enough of Z.

Interesting. 
or vice versa!