Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Replacement For Murray?
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@FSUVike said:
Not sure a bruiser helps this Offense as much as a shifty RB that can line up at any spot like a WR to put more pressure on Defenses

Cook was not asked to catch the ball much in College so it will take time for him to learn the whole route tree. I haven't seen anything from the backups to suggest they can fill that role and I think not having a McKinnon-type Back really hurt the Offense this year.
If that's who you want, I'll put in a good word for Ty Johnson, a late round or post-draft guy who could be the next Phillip Lindsay. A good day-two guy would be Miles Gaskin, who looks a bit like Alvin Kamara. 

Not sure what type the Vikings will be looking for since we don't even know who the OC will be, or what the team thinks of Boone and Roc.

I am not sure they need another youngster as they already have Boone and Thomas.
I like Mike Davis as a free agent.
The Vikings need someone that runs HARD.
Murray for as big as he is never seemed to run like the Seattle backs.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@FSUVike said:
Not sure a bruiser helps this Offense as much as a shifty RB that can line up at any spot like a WR to put more pressure on Defenses

Cook was not asked to catch the ball much in College so it will take time for him to learn the whole route tree. I haven't seen anything from the backups to suggest they can fill that role and I think not having a McKinnon-type Back really hurt the Offense this year.
If that's who you want, I'll put in a good word for Ty Johnson, a late round or post-draft guy who could be the next Phillip Lindsay. A good day-two guy would be Miles Gaskin, who looks a bit like Alvin Kamara. 

Not sure what type the Vikings will be looking for since we don't even know who the OC will be, or what the team thinks of Boone and Roc.

I am not sure they need another youngster as they already have Boone and Thomas.
I like Mike Davis as a free agent.
The Vikings need someone that runs HARD.
Murray for as big as he is never seemed to run like the Seattle backs.
One of the hardest runners I've seen in the pros is Chris Carson. Considering the Hawks invested a 1st rounder in Penny, he might be available via trade. Mike Boone is a hard runner, too.