Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DePhillipo Fired???
Quote: @dadevike said:
Seems like a panic move. The O line sucks but you can't fire the players so fire the coach that has to run plays behind that line.
I get what your saying, but He had to go - and this stuff happens all the time. Players on the O were done with him in my opinion. He'd lost their confidence in his ability to call a game. Along with us the fans. Yes, our O-line sucks. But the play calling was brutal and too predictable. And lord only knows what the tension was like between him and Zim.  

I expected this and agree with the move. Unfortunately, it probably won't make much difference.

Seems like a panic move. The O line sucks but you can't fire the players so fire the coach that has to run plays behind that line.
Agreed. But also I think that Zimmer saw what a good OC can do (Shurmur) and wasn't recognizing those traits in Flip. So a little of both, methinks.

Quote: @kmillard said:
@dadevike said:
Spielman should be getting the AXE! 
If your referring to him neglecting the O-Line in drafts or FA in getting quality players as the reason, then I would agree. The ONLY thing I wonder is how much the death of Tony Sparano had on the play of the O-line this year. Losing him was a huge deal for the team (outside of his family of course). Would our O-line be playing at a higher level if this tragedy never happened? Just makes me wonder.

Stefanski audition plus Zimmer and Spielman are running out of time.

LOL!!!! And so it begins, L'il Ricky's 1st scapegoat!! Number 2? Priefer after the season. Third? Zimmer if they don't make the playoffs. 

And when the smoke clears from the latest coaching demolition, there will be Saint Richard at the podium, with those cool hipster glasses and smarmy-ass smile telling us how excited he is to begin the next era of his dynastic reign!

Yeah, let's be excited about the prospect of allowing the same guy that built this latest under achieving team, the opportunity to waste 5 more years with more of the same. Can't wait!

Wake up Wilf's!!! Look at the ONLY common denominator for the past 12 years of mediocrity and pull the trigger!

Ricky Gotta Go!

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@dadevike said:
It will be interesting in seeing what he does with the offense - not much time left! But he has been here a long time and he knows our players strengths and weaknesses.
IF all of a sudden our O comes alive the next three games, one has to wonder why in the hell did we not give him the job in the first place at the end of last year instead of bringing in Flip. I remember he was interviewed for the job, and If my memory is correct the Vikings blocked him from interviewing with other teams.
At least the last three games will be interesting as far as the O goes. 

plenty of blame all around.  This team would be totally different with a better OL--a guard or two and a LT.  Still, it was the right call. Flip was in over his head.  can Kevin Stefanski right the ship?  Praying.

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
@Vikergirl said:
@dadevike said:
It will be interesting in seeing what he does with the offense - not much time left! But he has been here a long time and he knows our players strengths and weaknesses.
IF all of a sudden our O comes alive the next three games, one has to wonder why in the hell did we not give him the job in the first place at the end of last year instead of bringing in Flip. I remember he was interviewed for the job, and If my memory is correct the Vikings blocked him from interviewing with other teams.
At least the last three games will be interesting as far as the O goes. 
he was brought in because he is a bright young offensive mind.  But as it has become painfully obvious, on paper doesn't equal in reality.  He may be bright in the room, but couldn't grasp the job during the game.
Calling plays is a difficult job.  It is an art.  JDF wasn't ready for that step or doesn't have the traits needed.  And he couldn't hear the banging gong that said run the damn ball.
I hoped for a bit of continuity, but whatever.  It is the life of a Viking fan.

I thought it was the right move to give Flip another year to figure out how to call plays, but last night was the last straw. You could tell that there was something seriously wrong with this offense that went far beyond poor offensive line and QB play.