Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No heart, No pride.
It was 3/0 heading into how much left in the game?

I can't point the finger at the D on this one. No way. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JoDakota said:
The difference is Flips here and Pat is gone. I think the players have lost all faith Flip's ability to call successful plays. He needs to be gone now to save this season.

I highly doubt Zimmer is going to fire his OC at this point in the season.  Flip's play call ing leaves a lot to be desired, but losing Easton and some of the decisions around the OL keeps costing this team dearly. 
if Zimmer isnt willing to try things to salvage whats left of this year and maybe build some momentum for next year... then he is part of the problem.  Yes losing Easton, and Collins, and a couple other OL candidates was a challenge to overcome,  and yes I think much of the anger towards Cousins needs to be placed on the OLs inconsistent protection as well as the play design and play calling,  while I dont blame Zimmer for the results necessarily,  I will blame him for a lack of action in correcting these shortcomings.  He cant do much in december for the injuries,  but this play calling and lack of scheming to cover deficiencies created by injuries he can try and correct... Flipper needs to be relieved of duties.   If he wants to stick around and offer some services, I am sure he isnt useless,  but its time to start building for next year.... and regardless of how this year ends IMO next year doesnt include Flipper.

It was 3/0 heading into how much left in the game?

I can't point the finger at the D on this one. No way. 
They gave up rushing yards, but no big plays.  And they held in the red zone. 

2 things about the D.  I think Joseph is hurting and not as effective.  And I think the plan is to almost do the tampa 2 mentality, bend but don't break.  Make the team work for every yard, no big plays and then capitalize on mistakes and 3rd downs.
It might be frustrating, but the results have been pretty damn good on the defensive side.  The only fault I can pin on the d was after the huge momentum shift of the illegally blocked FG.  That and Kendricks should have had a pick 6 if he doesn't bobble. it.

The D kept this game close.  The offense did nothing most of the game. 

@JoDakota said:
The difference is Flips here and Pat is gone. I think the players have lost all faith Flip's ability to call successful plays. He needs to be gone now to save this season.

I highly doubt Zimmer is going to fire his OC at this point in the season.  Flip's play call ing leaves a lot to be desired, but losing Easton and some of the decisions around the OL keeps costing this team dearly. 
agreed.  I think one has to have a bit more focus than overreacting and firing coaches right now.  A new QB in a new offense, we knew it was going to have some growing pains.  I think they can look at this objectively and figure out how to fix it.
Hire an o-line coach.  Improve the guard play, Elf will have an offseason this year and be able to increase his strength rather than just rehab.  We have O'Neill and Reiff on the edges.  With the ability to actually run the ball, JDF may have something to build on.

Quote: @greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JoDakota said:

agreed.  I think one has to have a bit more focus than overreacting and firing coaches right now.  A new QB in a new offense, we knew it was going to have some growing pains.  I think they can look at this objectively and figure out how to fix it.
Hire an o-line coach.  Improve the guard play, Elf will have an offseason this year and be able to increase his strength rather than just rehab.  We have O'Neill and Reiff on the edges.  With the ability to actually run the ball, JDF may have something to build on.
I think Flips in way over his head right now, and it’s not
just playcalling.  It’s plays aren’t designed
to take advantage of our strengths and their weaknesses.  Cousins clearly doesn’t have the plays
ingrained and is overthinking things.  He
doesn’t know where to go with the ball against the defenses we’re seeing.  I think we could easily fire Flip immediately and it
could only get better.  I think we
definitely need to hire an offensive consultant at a minimum to help see where
things are going wrong.  I don't think we even need great offensive play to have a good chance to win these playoff type games, we just need something.

Well they just did so obviously they have seen enough.
Pissed me off so bad last night when they kept talking about JDF being a hot candidate for head coach. 

Pissed me off so bad last night when they kept talking about JDF being a hot candidate for head coach. 
Well, he's available now.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@greediron said:
Well, he's available now.
Yeah.  They kept parrotting that on the broadcast last night and I kept saying, he will be lucky if he is OC next year.  The only thing hot about Flip, was his seat.

@purplefaithful said:
@JoDakota said:

Greed and others...I have usually expressed the above comment but I have seen enough of this crap.  Fire Deflip and Pfieffer today!

Really scrutinize Zimmer these last 3 games.  I say if he wins all three maybe another year.  If not, with this consistently unprepared team, the buck stops with the HC.  I have come to the belief that a few others have been saying for weeks now - Zimmer is not HC material.  Starting to remind of Buddy Ryan with the Eagles.  You need to be HC of the whole team.  

I can go on but too pissed to do so...……….

@JoDakota said:

It had to happen. After the Pats debacle when we stopped running even though having great success, I know he would be gone soon. No imagination on offense at all. When he did run, it was always into the heart of the D......I don't see anyone handing him a head coaching gig now (I never bought into his hype).