Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Zimmer a part of the offensive struggles?
What position does Zimmer play again?  Guard? Tackle?
Zimmer is fine, we need some road-gradin', rock-chewin', Nasty-ass, bad-mo-fo's up front.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
I kind of wonder if Zimmer isn’t a major part of the problem with the offense. Remember how Zimmer acted basically pissed with Keenum, horseshoe up his ass, etc? He was mad that Keenum was taking chances, something we had never seen with a Zimmer-lead team. And then remember when he started reigning him in and the offense went downhill towards the end of the season?
The Vikings offense started out pretty good this season and has also gone downhill. The defense was more of the problem earlier in the season. Turnovers are down but so is the offense in general. We’re seeing the patented 4 yard routes again which have been commonplace under Zimmer. Cousins has looked tentative and not looked the same as earlier in the season. Something tells me this is Zimmer’s work.  
And I also wonder exactly what happened with Norv Turner. Coaches don’t quit in the middle of the season without some extraordinary reason. The offense has never been a strength under Zimmer - various reasons for that but none the less true.  I’m not saying he is the only reason but maybe they have over-corrected the turnover issues at the expense of productivity?
with all due respect PWhizz i couldnt really disagree more.

last year he said case had a horseshoe up his ass because he did,  keenum was putting up stats in spite of making some horrible decisions with the football and was getting away with it,  he wasnt mad at keenum,  he just wasnt willling to anoint him anything more than what he was... a stop gap QB that was playing with a lot of luck.  i dont think Zim got into keenums head IMO it was the pressure of the situation down the stretch that got into cases head,  hard to put that on Zimmer.

I agree with those above,  Zimmer likely needs to be more involved since we have an inexperienced play caller,  if it was still Shurmur I would say no... stay the fuck out of the o room,  but since flipper hasnt really shown the ability to call plays with any balance or rythym then IMO Zim needs to be stepping in and settling the situation... otherwise its time for Stefanski to get an audition.

as far as norv,  who cares,  all anybody had to say about Norvs O was it was antiquated and he was to ridgid,  maybe Zim meddled at the right time on that one if he did at all?

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
I’m not sure that trying to run more = being able to run more.  it depends on who they are playing.  Lets just try and work onthe weaknesses of the other team.
But to some extent it is that trying to run more = being able to run more..  Last year, we ran successfully in the 4th quarter because Pat didn't abandon the run in the first 3 and that wore the defense down.