Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The rest of the season ...
We need to run the ball in Chicago plain and simple. We need ball control O and time gobbling drives. We need to make their defense stay on the field and then our D can pin their ears back and give Trubisky the Matt Stafford treatment.
Will it happen? Hell if I know. I think we as fans over and undersell our team (mostly undersell). I liked what I saw on Sunday. Time to see what Dalvin really has.

I went from WTF at the start of this year to wait and see. 

As far as next week? Lets see...

Night Game, National Game, Grass Field, Outdoors, Cold, On-the-road, Soldier Field. A recipe for a loss most of the time the past 10 years. 

I mark this as an L and hope they find a way to win against Seattle or NE

Not sure I'm seeing 10 wins out of this team. No signature wins and moral victories = L in the W/L column. Such a far cry from where I started the season. 

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Handle awful and spiraling Jets and Lioms teams. Beat an entirely mediocre Eagles team. Get 'moral victories' by hanging in against the Rams and Saints.

But a division foe with a better record is overrated?

Sorry. The Defense has done its job against lesser talent of late and certainly did well against the Saints and all their skill. But that was one game. At home. Not enough of a sample size against quality Offenses for me to view them as back. Not when I've seen them tank in LA and hold of for dear life in Green Bay.

As for the Offense, well, a 3rd Quarter TD would be nice. But more than that it's the sheer inconsistency. Turnovers. Drive killing penalties. Wonky playcalling at times.

I'm just not there yet. Love them beating who they are supposed to beat. Don't think that's enough to give me confidence when they have such a hard time in Chicago.
Where is Chicago's signature win?  They've beat the Bills with a couple defensive TDs...  Beat the Jets by less than we did...  Smacked down a terrible Bucs team...  squeaked out a victory against a terrible Cardinals team...  And beat Seattle early in the season when the Seahawks weren't playing well.

They lost to the Packers at home, got a moral victory with a close loss to the Patriots, and lost to a Miami team that isn't very good.

I guess I don't see why you are so confident that Chicago is that much better than the Vikings.  They aren't.  BOTH teams have flaws at the mid-point of the season.  I'm expecting the division to be a dog fight until the end of the season.  Too early to tell who will come out on top.

No one will say that New England is not elite because they had to come from behind to beat Chicago on the road, while Chicago came within 1 yard of tying that game on the last play.  NE is an elite team. They did what elite teams do: go on the road and beat a good, but not elite, opponent.
Whether it's a dog fight, a cat fight (that would be weird), or a street fight, it does not matter. If the Vikings are to be taken seriously when they call themselves elite, they need to beat Chicago on the road and win the rest of their NFC North games. And they need to beat inferior teams like Miami and Seattle, regardless of where they play.  That leaves NE on the road. Losing that game does not undermine a claim of being elite. KC lost a close one at NE. KC is unquestionably elite.
If the Vikings can win the rest of their non-NE games and put in a gritty performance against the Patriots on the road, they will definitely be a team to be reckoned with.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@FSUVike said:
Handle awful and spiraling Jets and Lioms teams. Beat an entirely mediocre Eagles team. Get 'moral victories' by hanging in against the Rams and Saints.

Sorry. The Defense has done its job against lesser talent of late and certainly did well against the Saints and all their skill. But that was one game. At home. Not enough of a sample size against quality Offenses for me to view them as back. Not when I've seen them tank in LA and hold of for dear life in Green Bay.

As for the Offense, well, a 3rd Quarter TD would be nice. But more than that it's the sheer inconsistency. Turnovers. Drive killing penalties. Wonky playcalling at times.

I'm just not there yet. Love them beating who they are supposed to beat. Don't think that's enough to give me confidence when they have such a hard time in Chicago.
Where is Chicago's signature win?  They've beat the Bills with a couple defensive TDs...  Beat the Jets by less than we did...  Smacked down a terrible Bucs team...  squeaked out a victory against a terrible Cardinals team...  And beat Seattle early in the season when the Seahawks weren't playing well.

They lost to the Packers at home, got a moral victory with a close loss to the Patriots, and lost to a Miami team that isn't very good.

I guess I don't see why you are so confident that Chicago is that much better than the Vikings.  They aren't.  BOTH teams have flaws at the mid-point of the season.  I'm expecting the division to be a dog fight until the end of the season.  Too early to tell who will come out on top.
It's in Chicago, Wet. Mike has lost to bad teans on Soldier Field. This is not a bad Chicago team. And the Vikings are as bereft of a signature win as they are. 

@Wetlander said:
@FSUVike said:

It's in Chicago, Wet. Mike has lost to bad teans on Soldier Field. This is not a bad Chicago team. And the Vikings are as bereft of a signature win as they are. 
There isn't a team in the NFL that will be easy. Chicago's a solid team, but I don't think they can quite compare to a post-bye, healthy Viking team. And that's the key. We've put up a few questionable performances, but the defensive problems appear to be ironing out; the downright scary Diggs, Thielen, Cousins and Cook combo is set to take off. And we're getting healthy. Griffen, Diggs, Reiff, Rhodes, Cook, Barr...etc. These were not insignificant players. Sure, it's possible we lose in Chicago, but I really believe we're about to see the Vikings team we all expected. If the Bears beat THAT team, I'll be surprised. 

Zimmer is 2-2 when the Vikings play in Chicago.  We lost the first one in 2014 during Teddy's rookie year and Zimmer's first season as a HC.  The other loss was when the wheels came off during the 2016 season...
Overall, the Vikings are 6-2 against the Bears under Zimmer.  I think this will be a tough game, but I'm not ready to use my Sharpie and pencil in a big "L" in the loss column just yet.

I hope all of you are right. Beating them in Chicago would be the first step in locking down the North.

Chicago's defense is very good. Chicago's offense is very average. They rely on turnovers and points from their defense. If we do not beat ourselves like we did in the Saints game, we should win this game - indoors, outdoors, home or away.  Trubisky is an above average runner and a below average passer.  There are not a lot of great QBs you can describe that way. Their receivers are average. Their RBs are average. They have a good TE.  Their offense is like SF's with Beathard at QB. 

Even bad Bear's teams have given us problems there. I hope we don't come out slow and rusty after the bye. We can win this game. I'm not confident we will.
Their best offense is a scoring defense. Don't give them that.