Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Megyn Kelly fired at NBC
Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@Maple Surple said:
You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever.
That was her? Now I know why I remember the name.
I knew who she was because she is such a celebrity. I had completely forgotten that she was the subject of that comment from Trump. Two years later, that comment seems almost quaint in comparison to what he has said since.

She always seems to be in the middle of some drama.  Gotta believe a lot of that is self-created. She reminds me of those girls whose looks are almost enough to make you think you can put up with the drama, but in the end, it’s just not worth it.

Quote: @RS Express said:
Getting fired for the blackface comments was overkill.  Should have been canned long ago for being a crappy interviewer. Only times I've seen her was when they let her butcher a couple of Dateline episodes. NBC hired the bleach bimbo from Fox trying to swipe some of their conservative/horny male audience.  Instead the Fox viewers considered her a traitor and  NBC'ers thought her a plant... with the IQ of one.

Good riddance, and whoever agreed to that deal for NBC should be packing up their desk too.
Yep, I heard it was basically a $100 million mistake because they built her a completely new $10 million studio as well and she got her own entire production crew, whereas previously her time slot was shot at the same studio as the Today Show and used the same talent and production crew and was already very profitable.

So glad to see that the dipshits making these types of decisions are also making millions annually.  It really makes you wonder sometimes how some of these jackasses get to be so high up in the corporate world.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I've only seen this from one source so not sure if its 100% verified. The blackface comments were idiotic. NBC will be forced to pay her all of the $69 million contract. How can that be? What a stupid deal NBC made. What a joke. I mean, she's getting the last laugh here. Why does she give a shit about being canned when she'll get every penny of her contact guaranteed? Her ratings were shit before this anyway.

TheseTV networks are rolling in $$$$
 "What is racist?" she asked. "You do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface for Halloween, or a black person who puts on whiteface for Halloween. Back when I was a kid, that was OK just as long as you were dressing as a character."

That is what she said and is being fired for.  My guess is she is etting paid so she doesnt sue NBC for more.  This is purely a result of our poilitical correctness society.  If this is what she is being fired for then Robert Downey Jr. should never work in another movie because he painted his face blackand palyed a black guy in Tropical Thunder and the Wayon Brothers should never work again because they painted their faces white and played white chicks.  I really don’t think they should never work again, but the hypocricy is obvious.  There is more to this story than a comment saying she beleived its ok as long as its just in costume.  Her ratings may be low or NBC bosses don’t like her or something else is contributing to her firing.  That is why she is getting paid just to go away.  If she is truley being fired for that comment, then God help us as a society.

Jimmy Kimmel did actual blackface and mocked Karl Malone.  He still works.  Kelly is getting railroaded because she was a poor fit on NBC and she called them out for not running the Weinstein story.  She didn't mock anyone or say that mocking anyone is ok.  She stated the non-PC stance that dressing up for halloween is ok. 

yeah looks like NBC is trying to get put of a mistake.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@Maple Surple said:
You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever.
Kind of. She didnt say it. That was Trump. She was the target of said words. 

Do yall think that NBC might try and use this to get out of her contract?  And maybe thay was the reason?  

Im having a hard time seeing how what she said could be offensive?  Is it not true that people used to paint their face for haloween?  

This whole world has gone bannanas. 

I guess any one that dresses as the walking dead should be fired for mocking your average state worker

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@suncoastvike said:
@Maple Surple said:
Both of you are wrong. Get your blondes straight. LOL. Trump was referring to Mika Brzezinski After a visit to his Mara Lago residence after she had some rather obvious recent facial plastic surgery. Of course this set off a long running feud with yet another overpaid, under-informed talking head who just happens to have some lineage.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@AGRforever said:
@suncoastvike said:
@Maple Surple said:
Both of you are wrong. Get your blondes straight. LOL. Trump was referring to Mika Brzezinski After a visit to his Mara Lago residence after she had some rather obvious recent facial plastic surgery. Of course this set off a long running feud with yet another overpaid, under-informed talking head who just happens to have some lineage.
I wouldn't know the difference. I already admitted I couldn't pick her out from a lineup. I did Google her. Attractive woman but never seen her before that I recall. They could have told me anything I wouldn't know better.