Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Act Is More Repugnant?
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:
@"greediron" said:
Trump is absolutely wrong in praising that physical assault.

But so are Hillary, Waters, et. al. for calling for violence and inciting mobs.

Hypocrites are repugnant.
Liars are even worse.  Maxine Waters used the term "Push back", that's not violent assault, nor is confronting people in public isn't exactly manners but it's not VIOLENT. 

"You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about," again nowhere near does that equate violence.  

Seriously?  Don't even attempt to make that ridiculous comparison. 

Ridiculous?  When a Bernie supporter shoots senators at a baseball practice and screams about healthcare?  When deranged lunatics think it is okay to accost people anywhere in public, screaming at them and threatening violence?  When a democrat neighbor attacks Rand Paul and puts him in the hospital?

WHO SAID ANYTHING OF THAT WAS OKAY? What are you talking about?! The media - the MAINSTREAM MEDIA - kept reporting on that Bernie shooter repeatedly classifying him as a staunch Bernie Bro. 

Yeah, lets encourage that with "not being civil" and Waters encouraging people to accost them wherever they are.  It wasn't "push back" it was encouraging mob mentality to confront them.

with Pelosi okay with "if there’s some collateral damage for some others who do not share our view, well, so be it,"  Booker and his "get up in the face", Emmanuel with the "kick them" and Hillary calling for incivility because "the only thing that the Republicans seem to recognize and respect is strength."

Cory Booker: "Get up in the face of some congresspeople." WOW! That's some horrifying, divisive rhetoric! *fart*

Nanci Pelosi: "Collateral damage." Again, just horrifying, mob-mentality words here... Here's the full quote. Must be a mistake with your keyboard, the first part got deleted! Weird! “We owe the American people to be there for them, for their financial security, respecting the dignity and worth of every person in our country, and if there is some collateral damage for some others who do not share our view, well, so be it, but it shouldn’t be our original purpose,” she said Sunday."

I'm unsure of who you mean with "Emmanual." Rahm? And Hillary's line is reactive to everything these Republicans have done to get power. So yeah... Your points are just silly. 

Yeah, ridiculous is right.  The media will foment for days on Trump's stupidity, but anyone on the left seems ok with encouraging violence against the right.

Trump's stupidity being on display... who's fault is that. I'd argue Trump's, because the guy is an ass. What was his tweet today? Saying he's gonna capitalize the word "Country." Which - of course - makes his fanbase cheer because, " 'MERICA!" But then people easily unearthed dozens of tweets where he didn't capitalize it. 

You'd think he'd learn to run some of this shit before the check-valve before firing it off, but President Baby just never learns. 

Just as I thought.  Okay with leftist encouraging violence, just not Trump.

For the record, I call both sides out.  Encouraging violence is just crazy in todays crazy world. 

For the record, I call both sides out.  Encouraging violence is just crazy in todays crazy world. 
Can't respond to any of that? I literally said the opposite. 

Talking to Republican voters is like talking to a wall.

EDIT: Those are links, by the way in my post above. So you can see for yourself the context of what you're trying to describe as "inciting violence." ^^^ The bolded parts, in blue. ^^^

I have never heard of anyone named Emmanuel or who they want to kick.  Did you mean Eric Holder?  Yeah I didn't like his quote or message, but here it is in full:  "Michelle always says, 'When they go low, we go high.' No. No. When they go low, we kick them."  "That's what this new Democratic Party is about. We are proud as hell to be Democrats,” he continued. "When I say we kick them, I don't mean we do anything inappropriate, we don't do anything illegal, but we have to be tough and we have to fight.”

What is disappointing is your blatant refusal to read the full quotes of "Push back", "being uncivil", "collateral damage" ....  NOTHING in ANY of those quotes relates to violence.  So stop making false equivalencies or post some proof of the whole quote where Dems are advocating for violence in the way Trump and his Republicans are.  It is disgusting the way you Republicans take some out of context 2-word blips and equate them to being violent too.

Face it, now that Trump condones violence against the media, calls Neo Nazis running over protesters with their cars "fine people", and Republicans in NY just invited a white rightwing terrorist in Gavin McInnes leader of the Proud Boys to give speeches at Republican conventions, your party has literally gotten into bed with Neo-Nazis now and you own the violence the bring.  The GOP had disintegrated into a dangerous cult full of extremist hate groups and they're merrily cheering this shit on at his rallies because they feel emboldened that it's okay to be racist again.  Meanwhile you're worried about someone being "uncivil" and speaking up to politicians in public?   Oh the horrors!

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
@"greediron" said:

I have never heard of anyone named Emmanuel or who they want to kick.  Did you mean Eric Holder?  Yeah I didn't like his quote or message, but here it is in full:  "Michelle always says, 'When they go low, we go high.' No. No. When they go low, we kick them."  "That's what this new Democratic Party is about. We are proud as hell to be Democrats,” he continued. "When I say we kick them, I don't mean we do anything inappropriate, we don't do anything illegal, but we have to be tough and we have to fight.”

What is disappointing is your blatant refusal to read the full quotes of "Push back", "being uncivil", "collateral damage" ....  NOTHING in ANY of those quotes relates to violence.  So stop making false equivalencies or post some proof of the whole quote where Dems are advocating for violence in the way Trump and his Republicans are.  It is disgusting the way you Republicans take some out of context 2-word blips and equate them to being violent too.

Face it, now that Trump condones violence against the media, calls Neo Nazis running over protesters with their cars "fine people", and Republicans in NY just invited a white rightwing terrorist in Gavin McInnes leader of the Proud Boys to give speeches at Republican conventions, your party has literally gotten into bed with Neo-Nazis now and you own the violence the bring.  The GOP had disintegrated into a dangerous cult full of extremist hate groups and they're merrily cheering this shit on at his rallies because they feel emboldened that it's okay to be racist again.  Meanwhile you're worried about someone being "uncivil" and speaking up to politicians in public?   Oh the horrors!

Yes I meant Holder.  Hard to keep all the crazies in line.  I was thinking Rahm emaunel. 

But  explain it away.  what is collateral damage?  And couple the comments with the actions of the people they are inciting, no they aren't harmless metaphors. 

And no the GOP has not disintigrated into full fledged hate like the Democrats, willing to smear people just to get their way.  As I said, I call bullshit out on either side.  Trump has always been a loose cannon and now with the democrats amping up the rhertoric, he jumps in both feet.  Would rather expose the crazies, not join them.  Maybe our society is completely lost.

Quote: @"KingBash" said:
@"greediron" said:

EDIT: Those are links, by the way in my post above. So you can see for yourself the context of what you're trying to describe as "inciting violence." ^^^ The bolded parts, in blue. ^^^
make excuse or explain it away.  I already read the context.  Waters was after crazies chased people out of restaurants.  How insane do you have to be to do that?  And then to encourage it?  The left is coming unhinged and the democrats are loosening the screws.

@"KingBash" said:
@"greediron" said:

make excuse or explain it away.  I already read the context.  Waters was after crazies chased people out of restaurants.  How insane do you have to be to do that?  And then to encourage it?  The left is coming unhinged and the democrats are loosening the screws.
Well, it's official. We live in two different realities.

Republicans are either liars or certifiably as insane as Trump is.

Have a good weekend, everybody.

I don't need to explain anything away because I am not a partisan hack that can't just accept that terms like "Being uncivil", "push back", "collateral damage" do NOT equate to calls for being violent.  Standing up and confronting politicians that are destroying this country does not equate to violence and if you can't understand the difference I pity you.  It's not even close to the same, but then again GOP supporters live in this alternative universe/echo chamber that the rest of the world can't figure out how to pull you back into reality with the rest of us.

The left is coming unhinged?  The things I've witnessed from the former GOP now turned into Cult of Trump are nothing short of insanity.  The GOP and Trump supported a known pedophile in Roy Moore in Alabama.  Right now in Arkansas, the GOP PAC is running an ad that literally says that "if Dems are elected, they will want black men lynched".  Disgusting.   Your President calls white supremacists marching with torches and running over protesters "fine people".  You now have not just tolerated and emboldened the KKK and received David Duke support, you have taken it a step further to invite the leader of rightwing hate groups Gavin McInnes as guest speaker at your conventions while his group of thugs terrorize and assault people from Portland to NY.  Yet for some reason you can't see the cult-like demoralization of your own party ... gone are family values, conservative spending and in walks a serial adulterer that brags about assaulting women, mocks the disabled, advocates for assaulting the press, spews lies about Obama being born in Kenya with a fake birth certificate, demonizes the media, engages in childish name-calling of his enemies and allies, has destroyed alliances with allies like Germany, Canada and the UK, meanwhile heaps lavish praise on murderous dictators like Kim Jong and Putin and his supporters think he's a rock star.  He has brainwashed Republicans and flipped them into some insane world of the upside-down where you can no longer discern fact from fiction, friend from foe, and no news source can be trusted because they're all fake ... except you have to believe him, because what you're seeing and reading isn't the truth.  He is a page from Orwell's 1984.

Don't tell us which party has become unhinged, GOP went all-in on this insanity and dissolved into the moral-less Cult of Trump and now that the animal is out of the bag, the Republicans can't turn against him or they'll lose elections.  So now they are willing to sell their soul to cover for his tactics because they're deathly afraid they will lose the momentum of fury and hate he created.  I remember a time when Americans could agree that Nazis were bad people, now Republicans have went from enabling their behavior to full-on accepting it into their flock.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
We aren't on the verge of any civil war. Don't get caught up in the hyperbole and hype. 

Take a walk. Breath the air. Hug somebody you love. Read a book. Pour yourself a glass of wine and listen to some good music. Step away from social media, the news, the internet and realize that life is good. 

Its beer thirty somewhere and I'm ready for a cheeseburger in paradise. Have a great weekend. 

Quote: @"KingBash" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"KingBash" said:
@"greediron" said:

Well, it's official. We live in two different realities.

Republicans are either liars or certifiably as insane as Trump is.

Have a good weekend, everybody.
We truly do, that's the biggest core issue in this country.  We operate in 2 completely different realities and belief systems.  but Truth does not pick sides.  1/3 of the country is being led by the nose by a con man and his propaganda TV channel in Fox News.  Trump, who created the birther conspiracy, is now their source of truth.  He blessed us with new terms like "fake news" and "alternative facts" to create a new version of reality straight out of Orwell's 1984.

And this is what frightens me the most.  Not Trump himself, I expect his insanity and ravings at this point.  It's that a lot of reasonable people actually AGREE with his lunacy and conspiracy theories.  Trump has pushed this bullshit like a dictator to a great degree of effectiveness that the "media is the enemy of the state", and deserves to be assaulted - hell even our resident "Christian" pastor here admitted as much "the media deserves it".  Look at his mob rallies, full of ridiculous lies and hate and yet they cheer it on, like Romans in the Colosseum.  Because in many Republican supporters' eyes - Democrats, the media, the FBI, immigrants, Muslims, Mexicans, gays, Canada, Germany, the UN, the NFL, Nike, Starbucks, Keurig, sexual assault survivors ... they have all become enemies in the blink of an eye - but they don't bat an eye when Trump heaps lavish praise for oppressive regimes with murderous dictators like Russia, North Korea, Saudi Arabia.  That's what frightens me far more than Trump, it's this blind allegiance by most of his base that anyone not supporting Trump and his cult are all involved in some grand Anti-American conspiracy against them.  And you're entitled to believe what you want, but I can assure you the rest of the world is scared shitless the direction the once-proud USA is headed when they're not laughing at our stupidity. 

How do we convince reasonable people to not be so blindly partisan and be reasonable again?