Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunter not practicing and Cook leaves practice
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
It is unbelievable to me that Brob isn't back with the Vikings.  I figured for sure it was a math trick to get players they wanted to the practice squad and that after a game or two he'd be back.  I can only assume that even if we had zero DEs that he still wouldn't be called up. 
Well let's hold our horses a bit here. We don't even know if Hunter is hurt or not. He was on the sideline and not being tended to so it's probably not yet time to call in our Brians and Jareds and Erasmuses and Kenechis...
Hoping it is just a veteran day of rest.  Dude has been dynamite this year. 

@"Ralphie" said:
Dalvin Cook remains 'full' on Thursday

[Image: 12138.jpg]
Dalvin Cook (hamstring) remained "full" in Thursday's practice.
A reporter caused a mini-Twitter furor when he posted that Cook had "left" practice, but it was not anything out of the ordinary. We have been conditioned to expect Cook setbacks, but this was not one of them. He will be back against the Jets. Cook is a risk/reward RB2 in an ugly running back landscape.                    
Source: Chris Tomasson on Twitter                         Oct 18 - 3:53 PM
Oh thank Jesus. The Flamin Groovies, in the hunt for another fantasy title, thank Jesus too. 

ON SECOND THOUGHT....

Dalvin Cook officially 'DNP' on Thursday
Updating an earlier item, Dalvin Cook (hamstring) was officially "DNP" on Thursday.
Alrighty then. The "DNP" designation comes less than an hour after coach Mike Zimmer appeared to say Cook was "not limited" on Thursday. What he actually meant was that the running back did not even get in a limited session. Cook's status is now genuinely up in the air. Hopefully the Vikings were just managing his reps. Cook's Friday listing will tell the story of his Week 7 status.                    
Oct 18 - 4:29 PM

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Ralphie" said:

A reporter caused a mini-Twitter furor when he posted that Cook had "left" practice, but it was not anything out of the ordinary. We have been conditioned to expect Cook setbacks, but this was not one of them. He will be back against the Jets. Cook is a risk/reward RB2 in an ugly running back landscape.                    
Oh thank Jesus. The Flamin Groovies, in the hunt for another fantasy title, thank Jesus too. 

ON SECOND THOUGHT....

Updating an earlier item, Dalvin Cook (hamstring) was officially "DNP" on Thursday.
Alrighty then. The "DNP" designation comes less than an hour after coach Mike Zimmer appeared to say Cook was "not limited" on Thursday. What he actually meant was that the running back did not even get in a limited session. Cook's status is now genuinely up in the air. Hopefully the Vikings were just managing his reps. Cook's Friday listing will tell the story of his Week 7 status.                    
sometimes I miss the old days of a story wasnt a story until it was actually a story.

What is this team doing with Cook??
Until he can go Full-Full-Full-Play, I'd like to see him rest. I realize it's the NFL and guys play through a lot of injuries but the Vikes already rushed him back once. I'd rather they don't do that again.
One minute Zimmer is saying he's fine, the next minute we hear he didn't practice at all. Seems weird.

Is Zim playing smoke screen games with the Jets?

[Image: Smoke-screen.jpg]

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
What is this team doing with Cook??
Until he can go Full-Full-Full-Play, I'd like to see him rest. I realize it's the NFL and guys play through a lot of injuries but the Vikes already rushed him back once. I'd rather they don't do that again.
One minute Zimmer is saying he's fine, the next minute we hear he didn't practice at all. Seems weird.
I don't think he said he is fine, I think he said he wasn't a limited participant, meaning, he didn't even practice.

Sometimes that is the trouble with knee recovery.  Other injuries crop up.

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Ralphie" said:

ON SECOND THOUGHT....

Oh fer cryin out loud...Man, yer killin me Zims. He is a good coach, but he is a bumbling clod when it comes to managing injuries. I'm convinced that if Cook hadn't played in that game against the Rams, he would've been healthy two weeks ago. Zim's one of those old-school, tough it out guys when it comes to injuries. And I think it's hurting the team. 

@"AGRforever" said:
It is unbelievable to me that Brob isn't back with the Vikings.  I figured for sure it was a math trick to get players they wanted to the practice squad and that after a game or two he'd be back.  I can only assume that even if we had zero DEs that he still wouldn't be called up. 
Well let's hold our horses a bit here. We don't even know if Hunter is hurt or not. He was on the sideline and not being tended to so it's probably not yet time to call in our Brians and Jareds and Erasmuses and Kenechis...
This can be seen as true but theres another certain DE that probably should have been IR'ed leaving a DE spot open.

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
This can be seen as true but theres another certain DE that probably should have been IR'ed leaving a DE spot open.
You mean Everson? They obviously expect him back. 

@"Ralphie" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Ralphie" said:

ON SECOND THOUGHT....

Oh fer cryin out loud...Man, yer killin me Zims. He is a good coach, but he is a bumbling clod when it comes to managing injuries. I'm convinced that if Cook hadn't played in that game against the Rams, he would've been healthy two weeks ago. Zim's one of those old-school, tough it out guys when it comes to injuries. And I think it's hurting the team. 
A bit of a leap since we have no real idea of what is medically going on with Cook. Not to mention there are more dynamics than just the coach saying he needs to tough it out.  Trainers, agents, GMs, owners all have their voices on it as well amd of course the actual player.