Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunting and fishing in Minnesota
Quote: @"Akvike" said:
Without pics it didn't happen pops
Be safe and good luck
Unfortunately I haven't learned how to do this yet.
And no deer for now. We had some shots but they were either small young does or young bucks. We both passed this time. Hopefully next week we get another chance. If not we'll probably come back next month.
Now it's off to due some fishing up North, i know we'll score there. Going to our annual fishing destination.

Quote: @"96POPS" said:
@"Akvike" said:
Without pics it didn't happen pops
Be safe and good luck
Unfortunately I haven't learned how to do this yet.
And no deer for now. We had some shots but they were either small young does or young bucks. We both passed this time. Hopefully next week we get another chance. If not we'll probably come back next month.
Now it's off to due some fishing up North, i know we'll score there. Going to our annual fishing destination.
maybe yall should invite slick rick along...maybe he just is jilted because he never gets to go fishing and hunting with BRob?

and maybe he happens to wander off, right before you guys head for home???  :p

Hey, great idea Jimmy! Especially the last part. Nah, i wouldn't do that...........or would I?

We're not talking a dick cheney moment here are we?

I mean I don't like this call of not retaining 96 but overall I'm fairly happy with him----so nothing more than a winging ok

I'm curious how far north you guys have gone up into Minnesota to hunt and fish. I always imagine you're havin' fun down in the (warmer) southern half of MN and was kind of wondering what the furthest north you've been up here is.

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
I'm curious how far north you guys have gone up into Minnesota to hunt and fish. I always imagine you're havin' fun down in the (warmer) southern half of MN and was kind of wondering what the furthest north you've been up here is.
We were hunting in southern MN. Now we are headed to northern MN to fish. 50 miles from the Canadian border.
Smallies are eating get ready for the winter. It's awesome getting a bite almost every cast. Especially since we just got through with a tournament on a lake we fished 2 1/2 days to get our first bite and 5 days of prefishing for the tournament and 2 days of the tournament and i caught 1 keeper bass and Brian caught 1 in prefishing and zero during the tournament. Worse lake I've ever fished on. The pro that won it had 26 lbs. (3 day total) to win it. Our results weren't unlike 230 others. 

Pretty cool Pops - take that time in and enjoy it; I hear the weather should be fair until Saturday. Not Texas warm, but warmer than it's been up here for the past couple weeks

Hey, great idea Jimmy! Especially the last part. Nah, i wouldn't do that...........or would I?
I heard nothing....

@"BlackMagic7" said:
We were hunting in southern MN. Now we are headed to northern MN to fish. 50 miles from the Canadian border.
Smallies are eating get ready for the winter. It's awesome getting a bite almost every cast. Especially since we just got through with a tournament on a lake we fished 2 1/2 days to get our first bite and 5 days of prefishing for the tournament and 2 days of the tournament and i caught 1 keeper bass and Brian caught 1 in prefishing and zero during the tournament. Worse lake I've ever fished on. The pro that won it had 26 lbs. (3 day total) to win it. Our results weren't unlike 230 others. 
Sounds like my luck lol when fishing!

Speaking of hunting, check out this story from 1940...
http://sportingclassicsdaily.com/day-the...ters-died/
[Image: day-the-duck-hunters-died-1080x675.jpg]