Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive outburst across the league
Lackluster?

They flat-out suck

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Lackluster?

They flat-out suck
Truth, and the D isn't going to like playing Philly next week either.   Confused

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Lackluster?

They flat-out suck
they rank in the upper part of the bottom 1/3 for defenses league wide,  and they have faced the 1st, 14th 17th, and 31st ranked offenses,  are we happy... no,  but defense is a mess across the league and its still early.  I am sure their rankings will eventually improve, but with this schedule and the way the league is being run now... I dont know that it will matter.

It is arena football. Teams are going RIGHT through the D in 30 yard chunks or 3 to 4 play clips. Its crazy. Goff's dropping dimes. RBs are extinct.

Quote: @"Neptizzle" said:
It is arena football. Teams are going RIGHT through the D in 30 yard chunks or 3 to 4 play clips. Its crazy. Goff's dropping dimes. RBs are extinct.
Yep... and (in my opinion) this is the beginning of the end.  If another league can get enough traction, I will watch it- rather than this.  Arena football is (used to be?) on ESPN2 all the time.  I watched it- for a little while- but only if there was nothing else on.  The same seems to be the trend with the NFL now.  

well when they threw that bogus flag to help Mayfield because there was a "crown of the helmet" but the guy was simply pulling up and running past him??? I want an O trying to outsmart a D, not to just see who is faster in the backyard. I want guys getting hit hard. How the league changed SO much in one year is unbelievable.

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"Neptizzle" said:
Yep... and (in my opinion) this is the beginning of the end.  If another league can get enough traction, I will watch it- rather than this.  Arena football is (used to be?) on ESPN2 all the time.  I watched it- for a little while- but only if there was nothing else on.  The same seems to be the trend with the NFL now.  
I might have to check into the Alliance of American Football that Jared Allen is a part of. I have seen a bit on Twitter about it. I guess Troy Polamalu is in on it as well. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"Neptizzle" said:
I might have to check into the Alliance of American Football that Jared Allen is a part of. I have seen a bit on Twitter about it. I guess Troy Polamalu is in on it as well. 
That's the league with Brad Childress as head coach of the Atlanta Legends? Mike Vick is player/coach of a team? Oh, the NFL is quivering.

Nationwide ratings are up this year, but the Vikings have a bad start and some of you declare the league is ruined. The NFL has repeatedly juiced offense since the 1970s and their audience keeps growing. What do you think half the fans in the league thought about Three-Deep in 1998? "Ruining football" , no doubt. But now OUR team spent 5 years trying to construct a defensive powerhouse, so you  hope the NFL will decide they prefer the 16-13 games Mike Zimmer built this team to play.

I really think to an extent the new rules protecting the QB have had an impact on defenses.  More passing, more points due to less pass rushing.

Mahomes was fun to watch last night. he can make plays I haven't seen in a long time. If we only had a line. If Zim could turn this D around... But damn, the league has gone from a rookie needing 3 years of development to a few games on the bench then slinging it for 400 yards several TDs and conquering the leagues top Ds.