Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure what more Kirk Cousins is supposed to do....
Look... the title of the thread is “what more can Cousins do?”   So if you’re happy that he put the ball on the ground inside our 25 twice vs Buffalo and then again last night while trying to drive the team to a tie, I don’t have a problem with that.  I didn’t realize it was a fluff Cousins thread, I thought it was a discussion thread...  My mistake.  Carry on.  

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Bezerker88 said:
Perhaps hold onto the ball instead of putting it on the ground?  Perhaps move around in the pocket?  

I know you guys are thrilled to have a QB that produces stats...  I like Ws more than numbers. Cousins has put the ball on the turf and cost us more games than he’s won for us in this young season.  He has to make better ball control choices to avoid critical turnovers.  Only two INTs but add three lost fumbles(two inside our 25 last game) and that’s 5 turnovers in 4 games.

Sure our D is sucking too... but the D wasn’t mentioned in the title of the thread.  
I don't get this response at all, but I've learned a long time ago that fans get stuck on weird stuff. No run game. The offensive line is inconsistent and subpar. Missed FGs lost one game. The defense is $%^&ing horrible. Yet some want to bag on Cousins. Its ridiculous.  :#

I did see alot of the pocket being moved last night. You're right this responce seems to have more Kirk dislike then respect for the fact he kept us in a game the defense put us in no position to win. Hold on to the ball? How about stop letting guys come up behind him and strip it out. This is what I expect to hear from Joe Buck...and did. Let's not he that guy...

I actually think the O-line played pretty well until the 4th quarter.  Once we were in pass only mode, it got a bit rough.  But Cousins wasn't hit much until late in the game.  Think about it.  SUh, Donald at home and Cousins wasn't sacked until mid 3rd?  It was a good game plan and Flip did well IMO. 

Of course that is in reference to pass blocking.  We couldn't run for shit.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@StickyBun said:
@Bezerker88 said:
Perhaps hold onto the ball instead of putting it on the ground?  Perhaps move around in the pocket?  

I know you guys are thrilled to have a QB that produces stats...  I like Ws more than numbers. Cousins has put the ball on the turf and cost us more games than he’s won for us in this young season.  He has to make better ball control choices to avoid critical turnovers.  Only two INTs but add three lost fumbles(two inside our 25 last game) and that’s 5 turnovers in 4 games.

Sure our D is sucking too... but the D wasn’t mentioned in the title of the thread.  
I don't get this response at all, but I've learned a long time ago that fans get stuck on weird stuff. No run game. The offensive line is inconsistent and subpar. Missed FGs lost one game. The defense is $%^&ing horrible. Yet some want to bag on Cousins. Its ridiculous.  :#

I did see alot of the pocket being moved last night. You're right this responce seems to have more Kirk dislike then respect for the fact he kept us in a game the defense put us in no position to win. Hold on to the ball? How about stop letting guys come up behind him and strip it out. This is what I expect to hear from Joe Buck...and did. Let's not he that guy...
If you think this is about dislike for Kirk, I was just as critical when Teddy put the ball on the ground during games too.    

The defense is stink out loud bad. They remind me of the defenses of the late 90s when our O  had to keep up because we had no D. We are so exposed. BARR CANNOT COVER AT ALL. Yes, I know every team that plays us is creating mismatches for our LBers to "attempt" to cover, but all you see is their number on their backs these days as they chase people down the field. Barr was the defender in 3 of their TDs last night. I mean I get it...he's not a CB but c'mon...WTF...
There is no running game to speak of. We need to be able to run the ball. Pass blocking is okay I guess but run blocking is nonexistent. I guess we now know why we have 4 RBs and a FB on the roster instead of guys like BRob. We saw ALL 5 of them last night.
Yes, Kirk did do everything he could to win last night. He, Diggs and Thielen did. They are feisty and they are a formidable threesome. I love those guys.
Our defense flat out embarrasses me. I cannot believe how bad they suck. Any opposing O going against the Vikings knows they can gash them for huge yards now. It's as if Sheldon Richardson isn't even in the game. These guys are absolutely scared (as is the rest of the league) to sack a QB. This new Aaron Fudge rule is wrecking the league. The Rams defense is supposed to be scary good but they were gashed last night too. It is because defense has now been neutralized across the league. And, apparently the league and some fans (not this fan) love it.
P.S.--that shit last night looked like arena league football. I don't like arena league football.

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:
Look... the title of the thread is “what more can Cousins do?”   So if you’re happy that he put the ball on the ground inside our 25 twice vs Buffalo and then again last night while trying to drive the team to a tie, I don’t have a problem with that.  I didn’t realize it was a fluff Cousins thread, I thought it was a discussion thread...  My mistake.  Carry on.  
A work buddy texted me after the game.  He's a huge Skins fan, and he said get used to that with Cousins.  He'll rack up huge numbers, but he doesn't move well in the pocket and gets hit from behind quite a bit because he won't step up.  He's not known for having great "pocket awareness".  Aikman even mentioned that after the fumble.

I do think Kirk is playing well, and made some awesome throws, but there's a reason he's not equated to being a Brady, Rodgers, Brees, or the next Favre.  He's good, but has flaws and isn't going to carry this team on his back.  As well as Cousins played, I thought Goff looked even better.

Quote: @greediron said:
I actually think the O-line played pretty well until the 4th quarter.  Once we were in pass only mode, it got a bit rough.  But Cousins wasn't hit much until late in the game.  Think about it.  SUh, Donald at home and Cousins wasn't sacked until mid 3rd?  It was a good game plan and Flip did well IMO. 

Of course that is in reference to pass blocking.  We couldn't run for shit.

Agreed.  Flip had Cousins roll out more and that kept the Rams interior at bay.
Special teams is a worry.  Too many close calls on punts.  It seems we have a dependable kicker at last but our punter may be a little anxious seeing how he has people in his face on every punt.

Quote: @LabGeek said:
Completely disagree @Bezerker88... Kirk has put this team in position to win 2 of the last 3 games (at least kept the team within striking distance). Not sure how you can argue that Cousins has cost us games?

Without Cousins slinging it like he has against Green Bay and the Rams, this team had zero chance of winning either game.

These losses are a combo of the defense sucking hind teat, no run game, special teams and less than adequate o-line. IMO anyway.
while he is playing at a high level... there is room for improvement from him.   He is not moving off the top of his drop soon enough and at times is making poor decisions with the ball both in terms of protecting it in the pocket as well as where he is choosing to throw it in regards to getting his receivers killed.   pretty much every aspect of this team from management on down is not without room for improvement, yes Cousins is playing very well,  but certainly could clean a few things up as well to help the cause.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@StickyBun said:
@Bezerker88 said:

not every sack or strip is on the OL,  the QB needs to be a moving target to help the OL,  if he gets to the top of his drop and nothing is there he needs to step up into the pocket to extend the play and he cant leave the ball hanging out when the heat is on.  this isnt meant to bag on him,  but he could make a few small improvements to help his own cause and the OL.

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOL
REALLY????  You watched last nights game and came away with Cousins isn't doing enough?  Did you see the passes?  How about the swiss cheese line?   Donald got through so early he literally threw Cousins to the ground.  On a different play he got nearly sacked on a hand off.  Maybe the lack of running game?
The only reason this wasn't a blowout of epic proportions ala the NFCCG was because of Cousins.  He is certainly our best player on O and maybe even better then Harry for best on the team right now.