Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Everson Griffen involved in weekend incident at Minneapolis hotel
Quote: @"Tyr" said:
@"Purple Haze" said:
Is Everson Bipolar ?  If so hopefully he was just off his meds and he had an episode.  
The local media are treating this like it's a mental health issue. I know he was someone who had some issues when he was younger, but it seemed like he had matured into a team leader and family man. This seems very out of character for him and I glad that the issue did not progress any further. Whatever the issue is, I hope he gets the help that he needs.
Being bipolar is pretty much a mental health issue.  I know a woman who is bipolar, quit taking her meds and she dissapeared. Her father tracked her down in another state.  Once she was back on meds she didnt have much recollection of the ordeal.  

Griff, come on man, wtf?  He's such a leader on this team; especially now that BRob is gone.  Hope he gets the help he needs.  This might actually help explain why the defense along with the entire team looked like sh!t on Sunday.  The team was probably in shock.

Man o' Man...

Dude needs some help, hope he gets it. That's a beautiful young family he needs to be there for. 

Quote: @"eckman" said:
now the team said he didnt try to break into a house. who knows wtf went on 
I missed that, but I just saw Chris Tomasson's Tweet on the reports of Griffen trying to break into a teammate's house being false. This is going to get really complicated and it's going to take time for the facts to settle, but we're likely going to get lots of conflicting reports and rumors now. Sad

Quote: @"Purple Haze" said:
@"Tyr" said:
@"Purple Haze" said:
Is Everson Bipolar ?  If so hopefully he was just off his meds and he had an episode.  
The local media are treating this like it's a mental health issue. I know he was someone who had some issues when he was younger, but it seemed like he had matured into a team leader and family man. This seems very out of character for him and I glad that the issue did not progress any further. Whatever the issue is, I hope he gets the help that he needs.
Being bipolar is pretty much a mental health issue.  I know a woman who is bipolar, quit taking her meds and she dissapeared. Her father tracked her down in another state.  Once she was back on meds she didnt have much recollection of the ordeal.  
It very much is, I was just being general, since he could have another condition and there's a pretty wide range of behavior for bipolar people. I used to work for someone who had severe bipolar II. It was a very dangerous situation, he actually ended up being killed by the police, but there are a lot of people who are bipolar aren't dangerous at all.

@"Purple Haze" said:
@"Tyr" said:
@"Purple Haze" said:
It very much is, I was just being general, since he could have another condition and there's a pretty wide range of behavior for bipolar people. I used to work for someone who had severe bipolar II. It was a very dangerous situation, he actually ended up being killed by the police, but there are a lot of people who are bipolar aren't dangerous at all.
It is nasty disease, but if treated with the right medication it can be controlled easily.  Getting the right medication is the trick though.  The woman I mentioned earlier is my wifes best friend.  It took years before the doctors got her on medication that worked.  Now the trick is to keep her on the medication.  Often times bipolar people think they are fine since they havent had an episode for a long period of time and they stop taking their medication. Lets hope Eversons ordeal is as simple as that.

@"eckman" said:
now the team said he didnt try to break into a house. who knows wtf went on 
I missed that, but I just saw Chris Tomasson's Tweet on the reports of Griffen trying to break into a teammate's house being false. This is going to get really complicated and it's going to take time for the facts to settle, but we're likely going to get lots of conflicting reports and rumors now. Sad
I think we should demand a FBI investigation. 

The mental health portion of the story pre-dates this last weekend so it is unrelated. Secondly apparently the girl that called the cops at the hotel ghosted when the cops got there. She vanished so I am starting to think this is like the people calling the cops on people BBQ-ing while black or resting while black in their dorm lounge. 

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
The mental health portion of the story pre-dates this last weekend so it is unrelated. Secondly apparently the girl that called the cops at the hotel ghosted when the cops got there. She vanished so I am starting to think this is like the people calling the cops on people BBQ-ing while black or resting while black in their dorm lounge. 
maybe we should wait until the facts are all out before we speculate that racism is part of the issue?  There are a lot of leaps on this story already without really going off the rails bro.  From what I heard was it was a hotel staff person that called the cops but they refuse to cooperate after the issue diffused itself.  could be a lot of reasons why they didnt want to push the story that dont involve racial bias.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
maybe we should wait until the facts are all out before we speculate that racism is part of the issue?  There are a lot of leaps on this story already without really going off the rails bro.  From what I heard was it was a hotel staff person that called the cops but they refuse to cooperate after the issue diffused itself.  could be a lot of reasons why they didnt want to push the story that dont involve racial bias.
Oh NOW we should pump the brakes! LOL! I am kidding.

Sorry Jimmy I will make that call right now. It happens frequently here in the land of MN Nice. I am not saying that IS it I am just saying I could see it happening. Especially at the Ivy. I know people that lived there.