Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Viking sign DT Tom Johnson, he's back
Oh wait Sherrels DID get hurt. Forgot about that. A chest injury. Hughes took his spot returning. 

Quote: @"ThunderGod" said:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...o-vikings/
LMAO...Well ol' Pete slept on the Vikings...love it

UPDATE: Report says Vikings line coach Andre Patterson pushed hard for Johnson's return, says he will be the top reserve interior lineman. Looks like NT David Parry might be cut later today to make room. Dan Bailey will indeed sign later today.
2 cuts coming.

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
I like Tom, but I would rather have had BRob back.
THIS.  A thousand times: this!

Vikings thwart Seahawks’ plan to re-sign Tom Johnsongotta love this:  B)

[Image: usa_today_11147811.0.jpg]Brad Rempel-USA TODAY SportsThe Seattle Seahawks pretty much signed Tom Johnson to be a cheaper replacement for Sheldon Richardson, who went to the Minnesota Vikings on a much more expensive one-year deal than Johnson’s.
Guess what? The Vikings now have Richardson and they brought Tom Johnson back.
You may recall that due to the numerous injuries the Seahawks have suffered, including to safety Delano Hill, they needed some bodies on special teams. This meant releasing their starting defensive tackle to make room for Shalom Luani. It was reported and then confirmed by Pete Carroll himself that they wanted to re-sign Tom this week, but he was the odd man out due to depth concerns.
Any guesses as to how many snaps Luani played on Monday night against the Chicago Bears? 
At least Johnson won’t cost the Seahawks some salary cap money into 2019. Oh wait...
Congrats on the double dip, Tom!
This ranks comparatively low on my list of grievances with John Schneider and Pete Carroll, but they made a complete debacle out of this situation. They’ve made the defensive line depth worse, cost themselves some cap room, all of this for Luani to not even play at all.
If there’s any positive out of not getting Tom Johnson back, it’s that we’ll surely see more of Poona Ford on the field. He had 15 snaps to Nazair Jones’ 12. Johnson is 34 and a bit of a late bloomer, but he was a quality contributor on that Minnesota defense, and he’ll be back there once again. Hopefully Ford and Jones can step up and show themselves as the future of the Seahawks front.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/9/18/17875136/vikings-re-sign-tom-johnson-seahawks-nfl-roster-debacle-news

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
UPDATE: Report says Vikings line coach Andre Patterson pushed hard for Johnson's return, says he will be the top reserve interior lineman. Looks like NT David Parry might be cut later today to make room. Dan Bailey will indeed sign later today.
2 cuts coming.
Parry had a great sack on Erin too.  Damn...

Damn I don't know where all of this money is coming from, but I'm glad to have TJ back.  I always thought he was a good player here.

Vikes bring back Tom Johnson on one-year deal

[Image: 6514.jpg]
Vikings signed DT Tom Johnson to a one-year, $1 million contract.
Johnson can earn another $500,000 through incentives. The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports the Vikes are eyeing Johnson as their "top reserve" on the interior after he started 15 games a season ago. Johnson was released by the Seahawks over the weekend.                    
Source: Chris Tomasson on Twitter                         Sep 18 - 2:47 PM

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
2 cuts coming.
Parry had a great sack on Erin too.  Damn...
My first thought exactly.

Still wondering what we had to lose to get Tom Johnson back.  Things like this raise my anxiety levels...