Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlson & Treadwell needs to be gone!
Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Time to fire Carlson for sure.
You have to really. You got to have a kicker and his young confidence is shattered now. You can't make your licker inactive on game day.

Leave them both in Green Bay

As a serious question, do the Vikings have a sports psychologist on staff? I'm sure every team have players who struggle with pressure, but we've had some high profile one's lately in Walsh, Carlson, & Treadwell. Some people may not be able to handle the pressure, but I wonder how the team handles this.  Zimmer seems to take a hard line stance with kickers in particular & maybe that's not what some kickers need when you are struggling to make kicks. I think they need to sign a kicker regardless this week, but it will be interesting if they cut bait with Carlson right away or carry two for a few weeks. They are probably best off cutting bait with him.

What I dont understand is why they didn’t try to score a TD instead of settling for the filed goal try.  Everyone knew his was going to miss.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
Leave them both in Green Bay
A fate worse than death.

What I dont understand is why they didn’t try to score a TD instead of settling for the filed goal try.  Everyone knew his was going to miss.
That frustrated me too. It was clear you couldn't trust Carlson at that point, yet they marched down the field, and then settled for a FG. I get not running super risky plays, but they had to take some chances & they let up.

Keep Carlson to Kick off, Bring back Forbath to make FG’s.  It’s been done by other teams in the past.

Zimmer said he was told if they get the ball to the center, he (Carlson) would make it. So, the guys got it dead center....... but he still missed.  Confused 

Quote: @Cricket said:
@Purplewhizz said:
Zimmer said he was told if they get the ball to the center, he (Carlson) would make it. So, the guys got it dead center....... but he still missed.  Confused 
I wonder who told him that because they were wrong. It was absolutely brutal. It's totally in his head and impacting him on the field.