Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gordon to be released
Zim also had pacman in cinncy that had off feild problems. 

a new zip code wont change what is going on inside his head.  this isnt a matter of being around a bad element,  for Gordon he is his own bad element.  Zimmer isnt going to scare this man into conforming and apparently neither is the risk of losing his career.   I would love to have his talent but we have enough young talented guys that dont need that kind of role model in the locker room.  Thats the problem with losing guys like BRob... you dont have that veteran alpha dog to keep others in line when necessary.

I think with Griffen's prior history and on field performance he could serve as that alpha male presence...too talented to pass on...a right Gordon puts this team in the driver's seat...

Harrison Smith, Everson, Linval, Cousins, Diggs/Thielen, Reiff maybe even Richardson...Plenty of Alpha dogs in that locker room. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Zim also had pacman in cinncy that had off feild problems. 
Good point.  I think Zim may have saved Pacman's career. 

Sounds like the Browns want to trade him out of the AFC. Maybe the Vikings are interested? They sure were interested in Alshon Jeffry last year, a nearly identical receiver. And they've shown some tolerance for off-field issues as long as those issues don't show up on the field or in the locker room (Griffen, Richardson, Cook, Hughes, Floyd). 

What worries me is if he ends up somewhere like Green Bay, Philly, Atlanta, LA, New Orleans....Unfortunately, I think those teams are the leading candidates.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Harrison Smith, Everson, Linval, Cousins, Diggs/Thielen, Reiff maybe even Richardson...Plenty of Alpha dogs in that locker room. 
I dont know if some of those guys are cut from the same cloth as BRob  maybe Linval.  but I dont know if the rest would be up in some guys face if he were fucking up the locker room.  BRob had the seniority and the personality/mentality to be the shut the fuck up kind of guy.  plenty of guys that are talented on the field,  but I am talking about an EF Hutton type of guy,  Harry could be that guy but I dont think he has shown that type of personality.

not to mention, if it is booze this time,  minny doesnt exactly have a good track record for reforming drunks.

Gordon needs to get his mind right. Until he does that, he won't be helping anyone.

Is it time for his 1 out of 6 years in which to perform...?   Wink

Depends what they take from the Michael Floyd effort. Floyd (apparently) stayed sober - but he barely contributed. Gordon is an even greater talent, but still...