Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is this board dead?
BTW, $300 is still a lot of cash.

I’m a Steel Worker, USW Local 6787. We are probably taking a strike vote sometime soon. I may need that $300 down the road.

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
I am on nights this week, started last night 6:30 pm to 6:30 am. So i came home and slept. Set the alarm because the game was on local tv. But when the alarm went off, I shut if off and went back to sleep.
Got up about 2, but I’m trying to lose weight so I ate some breakfast and took the dog on a 45 minute walk. Game was over when I got home.
Talked to the wife, took a shower, watched highlights of the game, came to work.
I’ll watch it in the morning.
Okay! Haha was more of a rhetorical question to lead into the post but I appreciate the head count.

Get back to work!  Smile

I’m a Steel Worker, USW Local 6787. We are probably taking a strike vote sometime soon. I may need that $300 down the road.
I guess I should've given context. Dude, I pay $180 a month for shit cable just to keep Sunday Ticket. THAT'S a lot of money. $300 up front and "cutting the cord" and saving that $180 every month? Pays dividends down the line.

Quote: @"KingBash" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:

I guess I should've given context. Dude, I pay $180 a month for shit cable just to keep Sunday Ticket. THAT'S a lot of money. $300 up front and "cutting the cord" and saving that $180 every month? Pays dividends down the line.
I cut the cord a year ago. I save $100 a month, so I get it.

My son’s girlfriend said I could use her student email address to get Sunday Ticket for $99. But, I’m just tired of paying for tv.

There is a lot of good stuff out there a lot cheaper than cable/satellite. Internet is my biggest expense now.

I missed most of the game because I had to travel to GA this afternoon.  They like to schedule these Monday morning meetings the necessitates me having to ruin half my weekend.  Fucking pisses me off.  I just got settled into my hotel room to watch the Packers and Bears hopefully beat each other unconscious.

@"KingBash" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:

I cut the cord a year ago. I save $100 a month, so I get it.

My son’s girlfriend said I could use her student email address to get Sunday Ticket for $99. But, I’m just tired of paying for tv.

There is a lot of good stuff out there a lot cheaper than cable/satellite. Internet is my biggest expense now.
Aside from sports (that are of course always live) there's zero reason for me to have cable TV. The medium is in the middle of a transition. 'Network' TV will be gone within 20 years and it will all be through apps on your internet provider eventually.

We are extremely active on Twitter.   It is more immediate, and we put short things out.  Today, we had 135k people during the 11am - 6pm hour.  It just is where we see more activity, so we spend more time there.  We hope you will join, follow us and interact.

I think the twitter feed hurts board activity.  Tom contributes a ton more on twitter than he used to on the board and originally I think twitter may have helped some find this place,  but with almost everything being on twitter now there is really no reason for those that follow on twitter to come to the board.
 Not bitching,  just saying..... 

the original content  stuff was kind of what drove early direction of this board and now the board/site seem to be an after thought.   The times they are a changing I guess.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I think the twitter feed hurts board activity.  Tom contributes a ton more on twitter than he used to on the board and originally I think twitter may have helped some find this place,  but with almost everything being on twitter now there is really no reason for those that follow on twitter to come to the board.

the original content  stuff was kind of what drove early direction of this board and now the board/site seem to be an after thought.   The times they are a changing I guess.
part of that is that a good chunk of us are old and dont twitter. id dare say a huge chunk of the posters here have been on ciking boards since the viking underground/purple thoughts days 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:

there is some truth to your statement.  We tried a number of ways to share original content on the site.  However, few view it or interact with it, so it became a labor of love to weite original stories and interview former players.  But, if only 3 or 4 people view the content that took hours to setup and create, it isnt worth the time and effort. 

I have teied tons of ideas here - old game video synopsis, contests with former players, original interviews, etc.  The one thing people tend to like here is our “what you didn’t see on TV seeies”, where we tell you what we saw in the locker room off canera.

We did ot for the Seattle preseason game on thr board and it was a ho-hum experience.

on Twitter, all that content is rabidly digested.  So, I have nothing against putting content in the board, but I cant figure out what people want and will digest.  Im open to suggestions.  I just dont want to waste my time and efforts, or the time of people on this board.