Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm hearing PA was laying out some big hints of Vikings OL trade today...
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
  a name left off that should be on there is Sandejo,  he could be the easiest one to replace with what is in house.  And 2.  10 days?  Why would anybody wait so long to make a move for a starter?   I would think both teams would want to get a player in house as soon as possible.
I think now with all the cuts coming at once insted of over 2 weeks player for player trades might become more normal. Better to try and move a guy you don't plan on needing for another teams equivalent. Plus have a few extra days to practice him. The why so late might be because all teams aren't set. We will see. I think they thought it benefits the teams to cut everyone at once. The glut of FA's they probably thought would make negotiations cheaper. It might work out better for veteran players. Teams want to trade and before the mass rush so the vet keeps his current contract and the team fills a need. Maybe a week earlier then in the past.  Just thinking out loud. Might change nothing.

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
It is funny that he didn't mention Sendejo. Some of us thought he was dead man walking when they sign IIoka. Not even trade bait now??? If we are talking starting caliber olineman. His list should be halfed. Unless we sweeten the offer.
But they mention Kearse - what is he worth, a conditional 7th-rounder in 2025?

It almost feels like Vikings management has put a gag order on suggesting that Iloka could replace Sendejo, as stories like this have refused to mention him, and others have made ridiculous remarks like, "the acquisition of Iloka will not affect Andrew Sendejo's starting role."

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
It is funny that he didn't mention Sendejo. Some of us thought he was dead man walking when they sign IIoka. Not even trade bait now??? If we are talking starting caliber olineman. His list should be halfed. Unless we sweeten the offer.
But they mention Kearse - what is he worth, a conditional 7th-rounder in 2025?

It almost feels like Vikings management has put a gag order on suggesting that Iloka could replace Sendejo, as stories like this have refused to mention him, and others have made ridiculous remarks like, "the acquisition of Iloka will not affect Andrew Sendejo's starting role."
Sounds right. Sometimes saying nothing say more they you know.

What is the status of Alexander's ankle? Anybody heard?
To me it makes the most sense that it would be either Mac or Sendejo.  Of some of the guys mentioned above as possible O-line trade candidates, who would be the best of the bunch for our team?
So is this Brett Jones guy going to be the starting C over Edison? Does he have any G experience?

My money is on Dejo being traded...possibly packaged with Alexander and/or one of the OL that would be cut.  I can't imagine Zim trading Waynes unless it's for an All Pro lineman.

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:

Knowing Spielman...that's probably why you haven't heard Sendejo's name.  That's the kind of under the table shit Rick likes to do.

Color me skeptical on what kind of offensive lineman we could trade for by giving up Sendejo or Alexander. Doesn't seem like we'd get much in return.

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
My money is on Dejo being traded...possibly packaged with Alexander and/or one of the OL that would be cut.  I can't imagine Zim trading Waynes unless it's for an All Pro lineman.

I actually wondered about this too...this would slide Iloka and Hughes into the starting lineup which makes complete sense. Both of those guys together should get a decent quality O-lineman.

IF we trade Sendejo, that would make signing Iloka a pretty big priority next year. Along with maybe Richardson, Barr, Waynes and lets not forget a Thielen contract re-do too. 

Oy...

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Color me skeptical on what kind of offensive lineman we could trade for by giving up Sendejo or Alexander. Doesn't seem like we'd get much in return.
That's because you're thinking of them as one for one trades, which rarely happens. They would more likely be part of a package. Say Alexander and Compton and a 5th rounder for a starting guard and a 7th rounder. Just spit-balling values, but that's usually the way it happens.