Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN will not broadcast anthem before Monday Night Football
Quote: @Skodin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Then I will not watch monday night football this season.
then you must not have watched a lot of football previous to 9/11

Based on what?  I've been watching the game my whole life.  If they showed it they showed it,  if not then they didnt,  but to specifically avoid it that pisses me off.

They've never consistently broadcast the National Anthem....or just pieces of it on occasions. Certainly not in its entirety. Maybe going to or coming back from commercials. But let the Trump crowd get their panties in a bunch over it and not realize its not a change of anything at all. What a joke. The few extreme fans that care are 50+, if not older. Not the NFL target demo.

I want nothing more than to never hear the words "anthem" and football" again in the same sentence. Holy shit I hate this topic so much. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
They've never consistently broadcast the National Anthem....or just pieces of it on occasions. Certainly not in its entirety. Maybe going to or coming back from commercials. But let the Trump crowd get their panties in a bunch over it and not realize its not a change of anything at all. What a joke. The few extreme fans that care are 50+, if not older. Not the NFL target demo.
Not 50+ and not a Trump fan,  and yes intentionally not showing the national anthem to avoid an issue pisses me off.

but go ahead and make everything political....

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
Not 50+ and not a Trump fan,  and yes intentionally not showing the national anthem to avoid an issue pisses me off.

but go ahead and make everything political....
I don't think he's talking to you, Jimmy. This is a bizarre thing. It wasn't handled very well by ESPN, its CEO, OR the media. Even though it's nothing, it has the potential to be a huge controversy. 

You know as well as I do that those Trumpkins are NUTS. And not very bright either. So, I went on to Facebook to see if this was a thing and sure enough, all the usual suspects are getting all worked up over ESPN's decision to "stop" broadcasting the anthem. 

I'm going to post on Facebook that I have decided to not pledge allegiance to the flag before I leave for work in the morning to see what kind of reaction I get. :-)

You tube has numerous videos of people performing the anthem

Problem solved

Quote: @KingBash said:
I want nothing more than to never hear the words "anthem" and football" again in the same sentence. Holy shit I hate this topic so much. 
I'm with you. 
I'll be turned in today. I'll be turned in on Sundays. Yes I'll even be tuned in for MNF. Unless it's some crap matchup. Thurs??? Well if its the Vikes or matters. 
Not letting politics ruin my fun. Politician @ss clowns have screwed up enough other things. Why would I listen to them in regards to this issue. I chose my side. Me and my love of football. Ignore button on for the rest.
I'm ready for some football. 
SKOL

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Yes.  When I watch games live I have often found  myself stopping what ii am doing for the anthem during pregame activities. 
"We generally have not broadcasted the anthem and I don't think that will change this year," he said. "Our plan going into this year is to not broadcast the anthem … again that could change. It's unpredictable what could happen in the world but as of now, we're not. We have communicated that back to the NFL."
I stand corrected (see what I did there)

I know some are broadcast, apparently not mnf though. 
So are you good to watch MNF now? Or are you still gonna take a stand?

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Yes.  When I watch games live I have often found  myself stopping what ii am doing for the anthem during pregame activities. 
"We generally have not broadcasted the anthem and I don't think that will change this year," he said. "Our plan going into this year is to not broadcast the anthem … again that could change. It's unpredictable what could happen in the world but as of now, we're not. We have communicated that back to the NFL."
I stand corrected (see what I did there)

I know some are broadcast, apparently not mnf though. 
So are you good to watch MNF now? Or are you still gonna take a stand?
FoxNews will tell him soon how to feel. 

Quote: @KingBash saidConfused
Couldn't agree more.  So sick of the whole damn thing.