Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Twins "Fire Sale" Continues. See Ya, Brian...
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I haven't been to a twins game for quit a while,  today should be interesting....  I might have to buy a program to figure out who's on first. 
I went a couple of weeks ago. First time in a while, it was interesting. The fans were enthused and they won. I do love the design and layout of Target Field.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I haven't been to a twins game for quit a while,  today should be interesting....  I might have to buy a program to figure out who's on first. 
I went a couple of weeks ago. First time in a while, it was interesting. The fans were enthused and they won. I do love the design and layout of Target Field.
I'm kinda hoping for one of those drizzly sloppy games today.  At least that way if they play poorly we can blame the weather.  Although I am about 2 hours out and the sky is clearing up.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I went to Target Field for the 1st time last season. It is a great place for baseball. That LED Twins sign was very cool. Was a April night game...speaking of very coool, 40° and windy. It is awesome to see though. Next trip back it will be to go to The Bank for the Vikings I hope.

Quote: @quattrovike said:
The twins weren't going to resign Dozier, might as well get some value for him...we weren't going to make up 8 games against a team like Cleveland with quality arms. Next year is very promising from a pitching perspective if Erv can regain form. Gibson, berrios, Santana, Fernando Romero, and odorizzi would be a damn good 5 man rotation. That along with Buxton in center, regardless of his offensive output, will put this team in a much better spot to compete with maybe a free agent signing or two. Polanco missing half the season didn't help either. Tough year for injuries and suspensions for the twins when they needed everyone to be available.
The problems I see with this team are no bats and a crappy bullpen.  Buxton and Sano don't seem to be the guys we all hoped they'd be.  Yeah, I do think Rosario is for real, and love the way he plays.  But now they have no hitters in the infield, and very mediocre hitting in the outfield (outside of Eddie).  Will Kepler blossom into a star?  I wouldn't count on that either.  This Twins roster is a mess right now.

Quote: @quattrovike said:
The twins weren't going to resign Dozier, might as well get some value for him...we weren't going to make up 8 games against a team like Cleveland with quality arms. Next year is very promising from a pitching perspective if Erv can regain form. Gibson, berrios, Santana, Fernando Romero, and odorizzi would be a damn good 5 man rotation. That along with Buxton in center, regardless of his offensive output, will put this team in a much better spot to compete with maybe a free agent signing or two. Polanco missing half the season didn't help either. Tough year for injuries and suspensions for the twins when they needed everyone to be available.
Wow, you're still optimistic after all these years?  You're a better man than I am.

It's pretty clear to me that the Pohlads are only interested in milking the team and its fans for all they are worth, with very little consideration given to putting the best possible product on the field.

I went from being a HUGE Twins fan as a kid in the late 80s through the first few years at Target Field, to barely even following the team now.

Quote: @HappyViking said:

...Buxton and Sano don't seem to be the guys we all hoped they'd be.  Yeah, I do think Rosario is for real, and love the way he plays.  But now they have no hitters in the infield, and very mediocre hitting in the outfield (outside of Eddie).  Will Kepler blossom into a star?  I wouldn't count on that either.  This Twins roster is a mess right now.
I've become extremely negative about Sano while he's continued to regress.  I actually got kind of angry to see him back up with the team.  It sucks to know there's at least a 50% chance he's going to strike out when he gets up, and it gets worse when he's not hitting home runs (or very well at all) when he does connect.  Escobar was doing far better.

Buxton came on so strong at the end of last season.  It's a shame he's missed so much time this year due to injury.  hard to get in a groove

I think the only guy I'm above 'meh level' with on the team now is Rosario.  I at least have some excitement and hope something good will happen when he gets up to bat.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@Vikergirl said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I went to Target Field for the 1st time last season. It is a great place for baseball. That LED Twins sign was very cool. Was a April night game...speaking of very coool, 40° and windy. It is awesome to see though. Next trip back it will be to go to The Bank for the Vikings I hope.
Part of me went to photograph the place and because I got free tickets. They are always giving away tickets at work. I used to be a diehard fan but not so much now. I am going to go to a night game to take some pictures as well. 

It's really great when your team trades for a guy and in his debut goes 3-4 with a home run, just a triple short of the cycle, and accounts for two runs.  That of course was Dozier for the Dodgers.  The Twins got a pinch hit ground out from Forsythe though. :/

Quote: @CLOBIMON said:
It's really great when your team trades for a guy and in his debut goes 3-4 with a home run, just a triple short of the cycle, and accounts for two runs.  That of course was Dozier for the Dodgers.  The Twins got a pinch hit ground out from Forsythe though. :/
Dozier wasnt hitting for dick in Minny though either.  I dont know if he wanted out,  or if he was feeling pressure and that was getting to him,  but he really wasnt up to his norm.  Forsythe wasnt really wanted,  we had to take him to help  the dodgers with the payroll issues.  hopefully these prospects are worth a shit.  After seeing our squad live yesterday I dont know how much more I will bother tuning in... there seemed to be a lack of general give a shit and focus.  Unless they start playing a little more inspired I think Moli better be polishing up his resume.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@CLOBIMON said:
Dozier wasnt hitting for dick in Minny though either.  I dont know if he wanted out,  or if he was feeling pressure and that was getting to him,  but he really wasnt up to his norm.  Forsythe wasnt really wanted,  we had to take him to help  the dodgers with the payroll issues.  hopefully these prospects are worth a shit.  After seeing our squad live yesterday I dont know how much more I will bother tuning in... there seemed to be a lack of general give a shit and focus.  Unless they start playing a little more inspired I think Moli better be polishing up his resume.
Thank you Twins for Dozier....he came here and got a curtain call in first game...he seems like a real team guy and was goofing around with a bunch of guys in the dugout...was super pumped when he hit his HR...a big upgrade for the Dodgers...
All i can say to Twins fans regarding Forsythe is...I'm sorry...
Luke Raley is a top 30 prospect...plays OF and 1st...lots of power, bats lefty...should be a good get for the Twins...
Devin Smeltzer is a good story...he was diagnosed with cancer as a kid..now in full remission...hes a RHP, but has only been mediocre in AA...