Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Darnold still unsigned
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 8m8 minutes ago
More
Jets and QB Sam Darnold expected to reach agreement today he is expected at their building today, per source.

Darnold will sign a four-year, $30.25 million deal, including $20 million guaranteed.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
and NY will fall in love with Teddy the same way Minny did and Sam Darnolds hold out will be a footnote in history.
Here's the thing: the Vikings moved on from Bridgewater for a reason. It was never discussed publicly that I'm aware of, but the team didn't want to put the future in his hands. My guess obviously is that the odds of re-injury is substantially higher than most. Its rumored that Teddy was hurt by Minnesota's decision. Darnold was selected #3 overall in the Draft, he's going to play at some point. Guaranteed.

Its going to be very interesting to see when and with what team Teddy will get a shot to play.
OR they couldn't afford to put the future in his hand at the $$$ he wanted. Boy, it would have been interesting to be a fly on the wall when they were having these internal QB discussions on what to do. 

When does someone like a KC becomes available? Never. Stunning they jettisoned 3 qb's. 

They certainly did what they had to do imo. IT's tough to end the Teddy chapter the way it did though. So much promise and then that. What a tragedy. 

Yep.  We have no idea what really went down.  Teddy was hurt, maybe by his treatment during the season, maybe by the offer the Vikings made.  I was hoping for a different ending, but I can't fault the team for going the direction they did.  I will always remain a fan of Teddy tho.  Loved that kid.