Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: And in other cheesy news...
Yup.  They need a good 20+ years of irrelevancy to calm that fan base down.  The Lindy Infante/Forest Gregg years Part Deux. Wink

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Rodgers is aging, and unless they stumble upon greatness at some point over the next couple years, the yellow team is in for a period of darkness. Is Kizer the answer? I doubt it. Is Hundley? Hell no. Neither of their running backs are anything to scheme for. What's more, they've made some moves in free agency that have their fan base and their players scratching their heads.

Making matters worse, they've not been drafting well of late either. Here's what I find most interesting. Green Bay has taken DBs in both the 1st and 2nd rounds in three out of the last four drafts. To give you an idea of how unusual that is, the Vikings have never done it. Not once in their 57 seasons have they ever taken DBs in both the 1st and 2nd rounds. Packers have done it three out of last four years. 

Is it paying off? You tell me: Packers were 23rd in pass defense last year. Maybe the two they drafted this year will do the trick. It's apparently got Tony Romo and others all moist, but I'll believe it when I see it. 
Kind of the opposite of the WR run the Lions had a while back.  =)