Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So tell me about your NFL Sundays?
Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Watch football.  Obviously the Vikes and then Red Zone the remainder of the day.  If the Vikes aren't on I just watch the Red Zone all day.  
This is exactly what I do. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@1VikesFan said:
Watch football.  Obviously the Vikes and then Red Zone the remainder of the day.  If the Vikes aren't on I just watch the Red Zone all day.  

Had the Season Ticket for years then dropped it about 4 or 5 years ago.  Don't miss it.  If the Vikes are playing the Puke, it'll be on the Fox channel here.  Or if the Puke are on bye or a different time/day, the Vikes may be the local game vs. the Lions or Bears.  So even dropping the Ticket, I'll still see them 4-6 times per year or more including MNF or TNF. 
Paying to see Raiders/Bills games was painful.  I'll RedZone the rest of the time to check on my fantasy lineup.

Quote: @KingBash said:

It's my holy day.
Yep, me too.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@KingBash said:

It's my holy day.
Yep, me too.

It seems like it's a day of prayer one way or another...

Quote: @Ralphie said:
@StickyBun said:
@1VikesFan said:

Had the Season Ticket for years then dropped it about 4 or 5 years ago.  Don't miss it.  If the Vikes are playing the Puke, it'll be on the Fox channel here.  Or if the Puke are on bye or a different time/day, the Vikes may be the local game vs. the Lions or Bears.  So even dropping the Ticket, I'll still see them 4-6 times per year or more including MNF or TNF. 
Paying to see Raiders/Bills games was painful.  I'll RedZone the rest of the time to check on my fantasy lineup.
Gave up the Ticket myself last year: don't miss it and I can get the NFL Redzone channel on XFinity. Watching commercials on a regular NFL game, even my beloved Vikings, is like having a root canal for me these days. So many of them its disgusting. I get up and move around the house every commercial break.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
@StickyBun said:
@1VikesFan said:

thats the one nice thing for you out of market guys,  with the extra games that we have now every week (sunday and thursday nights)  its a much greater chance for you to see your favorite teams play in another teams home market.  really diminishes the value of the sunday ticket IMO.

I watch every and all games....EXCEPT THE VIKINGS. (Them I record)But I watch the scores.

If we jump out to a big lead, I'll tune in.....If we are tight or losing, I won't.
If we win, I turn off whatever game I'm watching immediately and watch the recorded game.If we lose I delete the game. (Won't watch)

I've seen so many ways we've lost important games, I just can't take any more.I'm 52 and overweight...when I try to watch the Vikings my BP shoots to about 450/325

For example: The "minneapolis miracle"  Our TV was off...My wife was telling me the score updates.
When Saints went ahead with no time, I started doing something else...then she said "Wait.....Something happened""The Vikings scored...with no time left"  I rushed to find the remote, fumbling around for the channel.....got it in time for the replay and went apeshit.
The NFCC?   I haven't watched it

Living in SE South Dakota, I get most/all the games on my Sony in the living room. The better half is not a football fan and pretty much just leaves the room/house for the duration!  Even then, she can normally figure out the way the game is going by my vocal responses to the game time events/plays!  Normally just have food/snacks/beverages all prepared for easy access during the game.  Will log into the chat room occasionally just for S&G's...

I will watch other games sometimes depending on the relevance to our favorite teams standings... 

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
I'm cheap I watch at home but I stream. Never bought a Sunday ticket because I only really watch the Vikings. I tune into other games if on but can't say I watch. Unless it the Packers or Cowboys and they're losing. You guys do a game day chat here? I enjoy that. However by streaming I'm sometimes :20 seconds behind which makes it interesting. If I'm a little behind on my...YES!!!  you will know why.
How does one stream? Is it reliable? Can I record? I suspect not.

I'm so incredibly mad at DTV right now; I would love to kick them to the curb. Ever since AT&T and DTV merged they have overcharged me habitually. And when I think about it, what do I even watch on DTV? Stephen Colbert's monologue. 60 minutes maybe once a month. I used to record all the historical documentaries for bed-time background noise. But I can't even find them anymore. All the documentary channels have gone to reality, which I despise. And I suspect I could find a millennial to teach me how to view the things I like on the Youtube or something. Roku stick is definitely in my plans. 

So why am I paying DTV $120 to $150 a month for something that I rarely use? If I could figure out what this "streaming" thing is all about, then I can cut my last connection to them.