Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GM Spielman says Vikings are not ‘locked in’ on O-line in first round
Quote: @AGRforever said:
did anyone expect him to tip his hand?  lol. no kidding???!! you arent locked into a position yet. 
[Image: mx6tgylxd5y8.jpeg]

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

I would say an edge rusher to add to the rotation. One of those Barr types who can project either at DE or OLB. 
Could be a possibility...  however, I'm not seeing a 4-3 DE worthy of our pick at #30.  It's a pretty poor draft for DEs in my opinion.  There are some intriguing EDGE guys that fit the mold of a pass rushing OLB, but most will probably go at some point Day 2.  I'm intrigued by Lorenzo Carter and then you have guys like Sweat, Turay, Armstrong, and Key who would fit that mold of a Barr-type OLB that could project to DE if they put on some additional muscle mass and fix their flaws.
I would bet the Vikings draft a guy like this at some point, but I'm not seeing the value at #30.

Killing me waiting to see who we target in the first.  Do we go Db, wr, or oline?  Immediate player or depth.  

Quote: @Akvike said:
Killing me waiting to see who we target in the first.  Do we go Db, wr, or oline?  Immediate player or depth.  

I'm hoping for an offensive lineman that can be plugged in as a Day One starter...

Quote: @Akvike said:

Interesting you suggest WR - I haven't heard that projected to the Vikings anywhere else (in round 1). But this team has been fascinated with deep speed, and DJ Chark might be a dark horse.

I don't see much depth on our roster at wr---we've got starters but then the cupboard  looks a little bare

no way should they go WR that early unless they really have doubts about Diggs.  Cousins already has 2 of the best WR at his disposal,  a soild pass catching TE in Rudy, and a pretty dynamic RB who catches the ball well out of the back field.  We often talk about wanting to find early round guys that will contribute early on,  with 4 solid targets already in the lineup,  and a QB who is known to spread the ball around,  what kind of value are we going to get out of a receiver at 30?  we talk about paying 2 LBs top tier money,  how would be be able to justify paying Diggs and Theilen  close to 25 a year combined and be taking a WR in the first round?  If they were to take a receiver early I would have to say that really would speak to me about AT or Diggs not being in the long term plans.

Quote: @Maple Surple said:
@AGRforever said:
did anyone expect him to tip his hand?  lol. no kidding???!! you arent locked into a position yet. 
I put the odds at less the 20% that they take a guard round 1. Again we better have at least one OL in the first three. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Maple Surple said:
@AGRforever said:
I put the odds at less the 20% that they take a guard round 1. Again we better have at least one OL in the first three. 
But is that really saying anything?  I don't think there's any position I'd put at over 20%.

I think we are going to wait in the second round for an interior lineman.  I can see us taking Price/Williams in the second with a move up like we did for Cook and Elflein last year.

First round pick I see CB - Isiah Oliver - whom guru projected as our pick with his first mock a couple weeks ago.  Oliver is over 6'0 200lbs and has 33" arms.  I can see him lined-up across from Rhodes by midseason and Waynes maybe in the slot.

We have to decide on the fifth year option for Waynes (around 9 million) a couple weeks after the draft and I think we will and then try and renegotiate/extend at a cheaper rate then 9 mill per.  Oliver would be a good bargaining chip and we need a CB with the retirement of newman pending, I think.